The Rolling Stones' Album Cover to Be Featured on British Stamp
Albums by The Rolling Stones, Blur and The Clash are among those featured on a new series of commemorative U.K. postage stamps. Britain's Royal Mail has printed a set of 10 stamps featuring iconic album covers, and they've chosen the Stones' "Let It Bleed", Blur's "Parklife" and "London Calling" by The Clash.
Coldplay, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin have also been given the unusual honour - and former Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is thrilled with the band's stamp for their 1971 album IV. He says, "Almost 40 years after the album came out, nobody knows the old man who featured on the cover, nor the artist who painted him. That sort of sums up what we wanted to achieve with the album cover, which has remained both anonymous and enigmatic at the same time."
Covers by Mike Oldfield, New Order, Pink Floyd and Primal Scream complete the iconic set of stamps.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage