The Rolling Stones' Album Cover to Be Featured on British Stamp
Albums by The Rolling Stones, Blur and The Clash are among those featured on a new series of commemorative U.K. postage stamps. Britain's Royal Mail has printed a set of 10 stamps featuring iconic album covers, and they've chosen the Stones' "Let It Bleed", Blur's "Parklife" and "London Calling" by The Clash.
Coldplay, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin have also been given the unusual honour - and former Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is thrilled with the band's stamp for their 1971 album IV. He says, "Almost 40 years after the album came out, nobody knows the old man who featured on the cover, nor the artist who painted him. That sort of sums up what we wanted to achieve with the album cover, which has remained both anonymous and enigmatic at the same time."
Covers by Mike Oldfield, New Order, Pink Floyd and Primal Scream complete the iconic set of stamps.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger