The Rolling Stones' Album Cover to Be Featured on British Stamp
Albums by The Rolling Stones, Blur and The Clash are among those featured on a new series of commemorative U.K. postage stamps. Britain's Royal Mail has printed a set of 10 stamps featuring iconic album covers, and they've chosen the Stones' "Let It Bleed", Blur's "Parklife" and "London Calling" by The Clash.
Coldplay, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin have also been given the unusual honour - and former Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is thrilled with the band's stamp for their 1971 album IV. He says, "Almost 40 years after the album came out, nobody knows the old man who featured on the cover, nor the artist who painted him. That sort of sums up what we wanted to achieve with the album cover, which has remained both anonymous and enigmatic at the same time."
Covers by Mike Oldfield, New Order, Pink Floyd and Primal Scream complete the iconic set of stamps.
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'