The Rolling Stones' Album Cover to Be Featured on British Stamp
Albums by The Rolling Stones, Blur and The Clash are among those featured on a new series of commemorative U.K. postage stamps. Britain's Royal Mail has printed a set of 10 stamps featuring iconic album covers, and they've chosen the Stones' "Let It Bleed", Blur's "Parklife" and "London Calling" by The Clash.
Coldplay, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin have also been given the unusual honour - and former Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is thrilled with the band's stamp for their 1971 album IV. He says, "Almost 40 years after the album came out, nobody knows the old man who featured on the cover, nor the artist who painted him. That sort of sums up what we wanted to achieve with the album cover, which has remained both anonymous and enigmatic at the same time."
Covers by Mike Oldfield, New Order, Pink Floyd and Primal Scream complete the iconic set of stamps.
- Control Freak Angelina Jolie 'Keeps Tabs' on Brad Pitt: She Has Google Alert on His Name
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think