The Rolling Stones' Album Cover to Be Featured on British Stamp
Albums by The Rolling Stones, Blur and The Clash are among those featured on a new series of commemorative U.K. postage stamps. Britain's Royal Mail has printed a set of 10 stamps featuring iconic album covers, and they've chosen the Stones' "Let It Bleed", Blur's "Parklife" and "London Calling" by The Clash.
Coldplay, David Bowie and Led Zeppelin have also been given the unusual honour - and former Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is thrilled with the band's stamp for their 1971 album IV. He says, "Almost 40 years after the album came out, nobody knows the old man who featured on the cover, nor the artist who painted him. That sort of sums up what we wanted to achieve with the album cover, which has remained both anonymous and enigmatic at the same time."
Covers by Mike Oldfield, New Order, Pink Floyd and Primal Scream complete the iconic set of stamps.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl