Beyonce Knowles Criticized Over Controversial Concert in Libya
Beyonce Knowles has been slammed for accepting a $2 million (1.25 million punds) pay cheque to perform at a private New Year's Eve concert for the son of controversial Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The singer graced the stage for an hour at the Nikki Beach nightclub on the Caribbean isle of St. Bart's, in front of a crowd that included her husband Jay-Z, Lindsay Lohan and Usher.
Guests allegedly paid $12,000 (7,500 pounds) per table for tickets to the private party, hosted by Hannibal Gaddafi. But, the "Crazy In Love" hitmaker has come under increasing criticism for agreeing to perform at the controversial bash.
Columbia University media professor Marc Lamont Hill says, "Beyonce's handlers usually make really good decisions about where she's going to perform... So it seems to me that someone was asleep at the wheel, or the money was so overwhelming that they said, 'Screw the public image, we're going to take the cash'."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set