Beyonce Knowles Criticized Over Controversial Concert in Libya
Beyonce Knowles has been slammed for accepting a $2 million (1.25 million punds) pay cheque to perform at a private New Year's Eve concert for the son of controversial Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The singer graced the stage for an hour at the Nikki Beach nightclub on the Caribbean isle of St. Bart's, in front of a crowd that included her husband Jay-Z, Lindsay Lohan and Usher.
Guests allegedly paid $12,000 (7,500 pounds) per table for tickets to the private party, hosted by Hannibal Gaddafi. But, the "Crazy In Love" hitmaker has come under increasing criticism for agreeing to perform at the controversial bash.
Columbia University media professor Marc Lamont Hill says, "Beyonce's handlers usually make really good decisions about where she's going to perform... So it seems to me that someone was asleep at the wheel, or the money was so overwhelming that they said, 'Screw the public image, we're going to take the cash'."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21