Beyonce Knowles Criticized Over Controversial Concert in Libya
Beyonce Knowles has been slammed for accepting a $2 million (1.25 million punds) pay cheque to perform at a private New Year's Eve concert for the son of controversial Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The singer graced the stage for an hour at the Nikki Beach nightclub on the Caribbean isle of St. Bart's, in front of a crowd that included her husband Jay-Z, Lindsay Lohan and Usher.
Guests allegedly paid $12,000 (7,500 pounds) per table for tickets to the private party, hosted by Hannibal Gaddafi. But, the "Crazy In Love" hitmaker has come under increasing criticism for agreeing to perform at the controversial bash.
Columbia University media professor Marc Lamont Hill says, "Beyonce's handlers usually make really good decisions about where she's going to perform... So it seems to me that someone was asleep at the wheel, or the money was so overwhelming that they said, 'Screw the public image, we're going to take the cash'."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?