Beyonce Knowles Criticized Over Controversial Concert in Libya
Beyonce Knowles has been slammed for accepting a $2 million (1.25 million punds) pay cheque to perform at a private New Year's Eve concert for the son of controversial Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The singer graced the stage for an hour at the Nikki Beach nightclub on the Caribbean isle of St. Bart's, in front of a crowd that included her husband Jay-Z, Lindsay Lohan and Usher.
Guests allegedly paid $12,000 (7,500 pounds) per table for tickets to the private party, hosted by Hannibal Gaddafi. But, the "Crazy In Love" hitmaker has come under increasing criticism for agreeing to perform at the controversial bash.
Columbia University media professor Marc Lamont Hill says, "Beyonce's handlers usually make really good decisions about where she's going to perform... So it seems to me that someone was asleep at the wheel, or the money was so overwhelming that they said, 'Screw the public image, we're going to take the cash'."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'