Beyonce Knowles Criticized Over Controversial Concert in Libya
Beyonce Knowles has been slammed for accepting a $2 million (1.25 million punds) pay cheque to perform at a private New Year's Eve concert for the son of controversial Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. The singer graced the stage for an hour at the Nikki Beach nightclub on the Caribbean isle of St. Bart's, in front of a crowd that included her husband Jay-Z, Lindsay Lohan and Usher.
Guests allegedly paid $12,000 (7,500 pounds) per table for tickets to the private party, hosted by Hannibal Gaddafi. But, the "Crazy In Love" hitmaker has come under increasing criticism for agreeing to perform at the controversial bash.
Columbia University media professor Marc Lamont Hill says, "Beyonce's handlers usually make really good decisions about where she's going to perform... So it seems to me that someone was asleep at the wheel, or the money was so overwhelming that they said, 'Screw the public image, we're going to take the cash'."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake