Axl Rose and Slash Refuse the Offer of Guns N' Roses' Reunion
Rockers Axl Rose and Slash have turned down deals worth "hundreds of millions" to reform the original Guns N' Roses line-up - because they still can't stand to be around one another. Drummer Stever Adler was the first of the original members of the rock group to leave - he was fired in 1990 after his drug habit spiralled out of control - and guitarist Slash quit the band in 1996 following a series of rows with Rose.
He went on to form his own successful band, Velvet Revolver, and has previously stated "one of the two of us would die" before a reunion could ever take place. Other members to have walked out include Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan.
And not even massive offers worth hundreds of millions of dollars have convinced the musicians to reunite - because Slash still remembers the feuding between him and Rose during their final concerts together. He tells Britain's GQ magazine, "During that last tour, it was like an ongoing exercise in how we could bond the least. It just got worse and worse."
"It got to a point offstage where it was impossible for us to even be in the same room together and create any music. So it's sad that something so good doesn't exist any more, even though we're both still alive and on the same planet."
More Guns N' Roses News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert