Charlie Sheen's Ad Axed Due to December 25 Assault
Charlie Sheen's Christmas Day arrest cost him airtime on U.S. TV screens. The actor was briefly jailed after an altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in Aspen, Colorado and is now facing charges of second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief.
He put the bust-up behind him and returned to work on the set of his hit sitcom "Two and A Half Men" on Monday, January 4 - but other TV appearances have been quietly axed. Sheen starred alongside basketball legend Michael Jordan in ads for Hanes undershirts, but the promos were pulled from screens following the domestic incident.
A spokesperson for the company says, "Hanes is not running the (T-shirt) television commercials featuring Charlie Sheen, and those commercials will not run again. The commercials were suspended effective Dec. 28, the first date possible after Mr. Sheen's Christmas Day arrest."
More Charlie Sheen News
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together