Charlie Sheen's Ad Axed Due to December 25 Assault
Charlie Sheen's Christmas Day arrest cost him airtime on U.S. TV screens. The actor was briefly jailed after an altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in Aspen, Colorado and is now facing charges of second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief.
He put the bust-up behind him and returned to work on the set of his hit sitcom "Two and A Half Men" on Monday, January 4 - but other TV appearances have been quietly axed. Sheen starred alongside basketball legend Michael Jordan in ads for Hanes undershirts, but the promos were pulled from screens following the domestic incident.
A spokesperson for the company says, "Hanes is not running the (T-shirt) television commercials featuring Charlie Sheen, and those commercials will not run again. The commercials were suspended effective Dec. 28, the first date possible after Mr. Sheen's Christmas Day arrest."
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'