Charlie Sheen's Ad Axed Due to December 25 Assault
Charlie Sheen's Christmas Day arrest cost him airtime on U.S. TV screens. The actor was briefly jailed after an altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in Aspen, Colorado and is now facing charges of second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief.
He put the bust-up behind him and returned to work on the set of his hit sitcom "Two and A Half Men" on Monday, January 4 - but other TV appearances have been quietly axed. Sheen starred alongside basketball legend Michael Jordan in ads for Hanes undershirts, but the promos were pulled from screens following the domestic incident.
A spokesperson for the company says, "Hanes is not running the (T-shirt) television commercials featuring Charlie Sheen, and those commercials will not run again. The commercials were suspended effective Dec. 28, the first date possible after Mr. Sheen's Christmas Day arrest."
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans