Charlie Sheen's Ad Axed Due to December 25 Assault
Charlie Sheen's Christmas Day arrest cost him airtime on U.S. TV screens. The actor was briefly jailed after an altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in Aspen, Colorado and is now facing charges of second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief.
He put the bust-up behind him and returned to work on the set of his hit sitcom "Two and A Half Men" on Monday, January 4 - but other TV appearances have been quietly axed. Sheen starred alongside basketball legend Michael Jordan in ads for Hanes undershirts, but the promos were pulled from screens following the domestic incident.
A spokesperson for the company says, "Hanes is not running the (T-shirt) television commercials featuring Charlie Sheen, and those commercials will not run again. The commercials were suspended effective Dec. 28, the first date possible after Mr. Sheen's Christmas Day arrest."
More Charlie Sheen News
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage