Charlie Sheen's Ad Axed Due to December 25 Assault
Charlie Sheen's Christmas Day arrest cost him airtime on U.S. TV screens. The actor was briefly jailed after an altercation with wife Brooke Mueller in Aspen, Colorado and is now facing charges of second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief.
He put the bust-up behind him and returned to work on the set of his hit sitcom "Two and A Half Men" on Monday, January 4 - but other TV appearances have been quietly axed. Sheen starred alongside basketball legend Michael Jordan in ads for Hanes undershirts, but the promos were pulled from screens following the domestic incident.
A spokesperson for the company says, "Hanes is not running the (T-shirt) television commercials featuring Charlie Sheen, and those commercials will not run again. The commercials were suspended effective Dec. 28, the first date possible after Mr. Sheen's Christmas Day arrest."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics