Eli Roth's Foot Swelled After Stung By Sea Urchins
Actor-director Eli Roth was left in agony during a festive vacation to Mexico - after he was engulfed in waves while kayaking and then stung 200 times by sea urchins. The "Inglourious Basterds" star was one mile (1.6 kilometres) from shore when he was pulled under by a sinkhole off the coast of Careyes 10 days ago, December 27, 2009.
To escape, Roth climbed a rock that was covered in sea urchins which unleashed the deadly spikes into his body, reports TMZ.com. A nearby fisherman saved the star. Roth tells TMZ the doctor couldn't anaesthetise his foot because of swelling - the medic was forced to pluck the spikes out with a pair of tweezers.
Despite his December 27 accident, Eli Roth still attended the red carpet event of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, January 6. Along with B.J. Novak and Diane Krueger, he presented the Favorite Breakout Movie Actor award to Taylor Lautner.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal