Eli Roth's Foot Swelled After Stung By Sea Urchins
Actor-director Eli Roth was left in agony during a festive vacation to Mexico - after he was engulfed in waves while kayaking and then stung 200 times by sea urchins. The "Inglourious Basterds" star was one mile (1.6 kilometres) from shore when he was pulled under by a sinkhole off the coast of Careyes 10 days ago, December 27, 2009.
To escape, Roth climbed a rock that was covered in sea urchins which unleashed the deadly spikes into his body, reports TMZ.com. A nearby fisherman saved the star. Roth tells TMZ the doctor couldn't anaesthetise his foot because of swelling - the medic was forced to pluck the spikes out with a pair of tweezers.
Despite his December 27 accident, Eli Roth still attended the red carpet event of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, January 6. Along with B.J. Novak and Diane Krueger, he presented the Favorite Breakout Movie Actor award to Taylor Lautner.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd