Eli Roth's Foot Swelled After Stung By Sea Urchins
Actor-director Eli Roth was left in agony during a festive vacation to Mexico - after he was engulfed in waves while kayaking and then stung 200 times by sea urchins. The "Inglourious Basterds" star was one mile (1.6 kilometres) from shore when he was pulled under by a sinkhole off the coast of Careyes 10 days ago, December 27, 2009.
To escape, Roth climbed a rock that was covered in sea urchins which unleashed the deadly spikes into his body, reports TMZ.com. A nearby fisherman saved the star. Roth tells TMZ the doctor couldn't anaesthetise his foot because of swelling - the medic was forced to pluck the spikes out with a pair of tweezers.
Despite his December 27 accident, Eli Roth still attended the red carpet event of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, January 6. Along with B.J. Novak and Diane Krueger, he presented the Favorite Breakout Movie Actor award to Taylor Lautner.
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says