Eli Roth's Foot Swelled After Stung By Sea Urchins
Actor-director Eli Roth was left in agony during a festive vacation to Mexico - after he was engulfed in waves while kayaking and then stung 200 times by sea urchins. The "Inglourious Basterds" star was one mile (1.6 kilometres) from shore when he was pulled under by a sinkhole off the coast of Careyes 10 days ago, December 27, 2009.
To escape, Roth climbed a rock that was covered in sea urchins which unleashed the deadly spikes into his body, reports TMZ.com. A nearby fisherman saved the star. Roth tells TMZ the doctor couldn't anaesthetise his foot because of swelling - the medic was forced to pluck the spikes out with a pair of tweezers.
Despite his December 27 accident, Eli Roth still attended the red carpet event of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, January 6. Along with B.J. Novak and Diane Krueger, he presented the Favorite Breakout Movie Actor award to Taylor Lautner.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Corinne Can't Have 'a Normal Relationship', Nick Picks Top Three
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards