Eli Roth's Foot Swelled After Stung By Sea Urchins
Actor-director Eli Roth was left in agony during a festive vacation to Mexico - after he was engulfed in waves while kayaking and then stung 200 times by sea urchins. The "Inglourious Basterds" star was one mile (1.6 kilometres) from shore when he was pulled under by a sinkhole off the coast of Careyes 10 days ago, December 27, 2009.
To escape, Roth climbed a rock that was covered in sea urchins which unleashed the deadly spikes into his body, reports TMZ.com. A nearby fisherman saved the star. Roth tells TMZ the doctor couldn't anaesthetise his foot because of swelling - the medic was forced to pluck the spikes out with a pair of tweezers.
Despite his December 27 accident, Eli Roth still attended the red carpet event of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, January 6. Along with B.J. Novak and Diane Krueger, he presented the Favorite Breakout Movie Actor award to Taylor Lautner.
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell
- Report: Chris Brown and Quavo's Feud Is Far From Over
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Gets TV Premiere Date. See New Stunning Poster!
- 'Bachelor in Paradise': DeMario Details Wild Night With Corinne in First Interview Post-Scandal
- Remy Ma 'Ecstatic' After Breaking Nicki Minaj's Winning Streak at BET Awards
- 'Castle Rock' Casts Jane Levy and Sissy Spacek
- Danielle Panabaker and Hayes Robbins Tie the Knot - See the Pic