Eli Roth's Foot Swelled After Stung By Sea Urchins
Actor-director Eli Roth was left in agony during a festive vacation to Mexico - after he was engulfed in waves while kayaking and then stung 200 times by sea urchins. The "Inglourious Basterds" star was one mile (1.6 kilometres) from shore when he was pulled under by a sinkhole off the coast of Careyes 10 days ago, December 27, 2009.
To escape, Roth climbed a rock that was covered in sea urchins which unleashed the deadly spikes into his body, reports TMZ.com. A nearby fisherman saved the star. Roth tells TMZ the doctor couldn't anaesthetise his foot because of swelling - the medic was forced to pluck the spikes out with a pair of tweezers.
Despite his December 27 accident, Eli Roth still attended the red carpet event of the 36th Annual People's Choice Awards on Wednesday night, January 6. Along with B.J. Novak and Diane Krueger, he presented the Favorite Breakout Movie Actor award to Taylor Lautner.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked