Former Member of Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Returns to Broadway
Former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II) is returning to Broadway - she will replace Ashlee Simpson in the musical "Chicago" next month, February 2010. Williams, 29, will reprise her role as Roxie Hart - which she first played in London's West End production last year, 2009 - for a limited run beginning February 8, 2010 through March 28, 2010.
She will take over the role from Simpson, who made her Broadway debut in the production on December 1, 2009. Williams' first stint on New York stage came in 2003 when she replaced fellow singer Toni Braxton in musical "Aida".
"Aida" is Michelle Williams' on-stage debut. Additionally, she joined Oprah Winfrey in the cast of hit Broadway musical called "The Color Purple" for its national tour in 2007, portraying Shug Avery, the sexy singer.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen