Former Member of Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Returns to Broadway
Former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II) is returning to Broadway - she will replace Ashlee Simpson in the musical "Chicago" next month, February 2010. Williams, 29, will reprise her role as Roxie Hart - which she first played in London's West End production last year, 2009 - for a limited run beginning February 8, 2010 through March 28, 2010.
She will take over the role from Simpson, who made her Broadway debut in the production on December 1, 2009. Williams' first stint on New York stage came in 2003 when she replaced fellow singer Toni Braxton in musical "Aida".
"Aida" is Michelle Williams' on-stage debut. Additionally, she joined Oprah Winfrey in the cast of hit Broadway musical called "The Color Purple" for its national tour in 2007, portraying Shug Avery, the sexy singer.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting