Former Member of Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Returns to Broadway
Former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II) is returning to Broadway - she will replace Ashlee Simpson in the musical "Chicago" next month, February 2010. Williams, 29, will reprise her role as Roxie Hart - which she first played in London's West End production last year, 2009 - for a limited run beginning February 8, 2010 through March 28, 2010.
She will take over the role from Simpson, who made her Broadway debut in the production on December 1, 2009. Williams' first stint on New York stage came in 2003 when she replaced fellow singer Toni Braxton in musical "Aida".
"Aida" is Michelle Williams' on-stage debut. Additionally, she joined Oprah Winfrey in the cast of hit Broadway musical called "The Color Purple" for its national tour in 2007, portraying Shug Avery, the sexy singer.
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App