Former Member of Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Returns to Broadway
Former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II) is returning to Broadway - she will replace Ashlee Simpson in the musical "Chicago" next month, February 2010. Williams, 29, will reprise her role as Roxie Hart - which she first played in London's West End production last year, 2009 - for a limited run beginning February 8, 2010 through March 28, 2010.
She will take over the role from Simpson, who made her Broadway debut in the production on December 1, 2009. Williams' first stint on New York stage came in 2003 when she replaced fellow singer Toni Braxton in musical "Aida".
"Aida" is Michelle Williams' on-stage debut. Additionally, she joined Oprah Winfrey in the cast of hit Broadway musical called "The Color Purple" for its national tour in 2007, portraying Shug Avery, the sexy singer.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers