Former Member of Destiny's Child Michelle Williams Returns to Broadway
Former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams (II) is returning to Broadway - she will replace Ashlee Simpson in the musical "Chicago" next month, February 2010. Williams, 29, will reprise her role as Roxie Hart - which she first played in London's West End production last year, 2009 - for a limited run beginning February 8, 2010 through March 28, 2010.
She will take over the role from Simpson, who made her Broadway debut in the production on December 1, 2009. Williams' first stint on New York stage came in 2003 when she replaced fellow singer Toni Braxton in musical "Aida".
"Aida" is Michelle Williams' on-stage debut. Additionally, she joined Oprah Winfrey in the cast of hit Broadway musical called "The Color Purple" for its national tour in 2007, portraying Shug Avery, the sexy singer.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'