Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea Launches Quality Affordable Bass Guitar
Red Hot Chili Peppers star Flea has launched his own range of affordable bass guitars - after seeing his music students struggling to play cheap instruments. The rocker - real name Michael Balzary - was inspired to create the collection after noticing the students he taught at his non-profit Silverlake Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles were practicing on flimsy guitars as they couldn't afford much better.
He tells Kerrang! magazine, "I found that a lot of the kids I was teaching were coming in with inexpensive basses, which were pieces of s**t. The necks were warped and were falling apart. They were like toys. I wanted to make something that kids could afford but were quality, play well and last a long time.
"It's hard to get it perfect the first time, but I'm really happy with what we've made. When I was a kid, skateboarders would form their own skateboard companies. It was f**king cool to have a DIY (do it yourself) company. I had been adding my name to established bass models for many years, but I thought, 'F**k it, I'll make my own bass! I'll make it b**ching and it'll be cool!' I just want the kids to rock!"
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy