Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea Launches Quality Affordable Bass Guitar
Red Hot Chili Peppers star Flea has launched his own range of affordable bass guitars - after seeing his music students struggling to play cheap instruments. The rocker - real name Michael Balzary - was inspired to create the collection after noticing the students he taught at his non-profit Silverlake Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles were practicing on flimsy guitars as they couldn't afford much better.
He tells Kerrang! magazine, "I found that a lot of the kids I was teaching were coming in with inexpensive basses, which were pieces of s**t. The necks were warped and were falling apart. They were like toys. I wanted to make something that kids could afford but were quality, play well and last a long time.
"It's hard to get it perfect the first time, but I'm really happy with what we've made. When I was a kid, skateboarders would form their own skateboard companies. It was f**king cool to have a DIY (do it yourself) company. I had been adding my name to established bass models for many years, but I thought, 'F**k it, I'll make my own bass! I'll make it b**ching and it'll be cool!' I just want the kids to rock!"
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years