Miley Cyrus Sheds Into Tears for Leaving L.A.
Miley Cyrus broke down in tears when she left Los Angeles to film new movie "The Last Song" in Georgia - because she was so happy to finally escape the paparazzi. The singer/actress was relieved to be free from photographers who follow her in Hollywood - and admits she finally got to feel like a 'normal' teenager during her time shooting the upcoming drama in the southern state.
She tells Harper's Bazaar magazine, "I got on the plane (to Georgia) and I was lying in my mom's lap and crying and saying, 'I'm so happy to be getting out of L.A.' (In Tybee Island, Georgia) I went out every night with my friends. I did karaoke. I danced. All this stuff would've been such a big deal in Los Angeles: 'Who's she with? Why is she dancing?' I felt alive and real."
"It's so much easier to know who you are when there aren't a thousand people telling you who they think you are. I felt like I was really figuring myself out. Usually I have someone whispering in my ear, but I was on my own."
And Cyrus insists her time in Georgia also freed her of some physical insecurities: "I used to ask everyone all day, 'Do I look pretty?' I probably asked that question as many times as I blink. (I got over it)... not because I started feeling beautiful, it's just because I was comfortable. I was so used to the paparazzi and the cameras and the 'What are you wearing?' and having people stare at me."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show