Miley Cyrus Sheds Into Tears for Leaving L.A.
Miley Cyrus broke down in tears when she left Los Angeles to film new movie "The Last Song" in Georgia - because she was so happy to finally escape the paparazzi. The singer/actress was relieved to be free from photographers who follow her in Hollywood - and admits she finally got to feel like a 'normal' teenager during her time shooting the upcoming drama in the southern state.
She tells Harper's Bazaar magazine, "I got on the plane (to Georgia) and I was lying in my mom's lap and crying and saying, 'I'm so happy to be getting out of L.A.' (In Tybee Island, Georgia) I went out every night with my friends. I did karaoke. I danced. All this stuff would've been such a big deal in Los Angeles: 'Who's she with? Why is she dancing?' I felt alive and real."
"It's so much easier to know who you are when there aren't a thousand people telling you who they think you are. I felt like I was really figuring myself out. Usually I have someone whispering in my ear, but I was on my own."
And Cyrus insists her time in Georgia also freed her of some physical insecurities: "I used to ask everyone all day, 'Do I look pretty?' I probably asked that question as many times as I blink. (I got over it)... not because I started feeling beautiful, it's just because I was comfortable. I was so used to the paparazzi and the cameras and the 'What are you wearing?' and having people stare at me."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign