Mariah Carey Messes Up Her Acceptance Speech
Mariah Carey stunned the star-studded audience at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday night, January 5, 2010 after she won the best supporting actress award - by slurring and stumbling through her acceptance speech. Carey was presented with the prize for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", by the film's director, Lee Daniels.
However, when the singer took the stage at the California event she stumbled through her words, giggling with the audience and hinting she had too much to drink. Carey turned to Daniels with a bizarre beginning to her acceptance speech, saying, "Oh my goodness! I don't think they understand the kitten in cotton thing. No we don't."
"Ok, I love you." Pausing to address the crowd, she added, "I have to say this is - and please forgive me because I'm a little bit um... yeah. Oh my goodness... ."
More Mariah Carey News
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Selena Gomez May Dump The Weeknd After He's Caught Texting Ex Bella Hadid
- BRIT Awards 2017: David Bowie Wins Top Prizes - See the Full Winner List
- 'Star' and 'Lethal Weapon' Renewed for Second Season on FOX
- Watch Kardashians-Inspired Cat Reality Show 'Keeping Up With The Kattarshians'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Are Moving to L.A.
- Sara Sampaio Flashes Her Nipple in Sheer Dress at Milan Fashion Week