Mariah Carey Messes Up Her Acceptance Speech
Mariah Carey stunned the star-studded audience at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday night, January 5, 2010 after she won the best supporting actress award - by slurring and stumbling through her acceptance speech. Carey was presented with the prize for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", by the film's director, Lee Daniels.
However, when the singer took the stage at the California event she stumbled through her words, giggling with the audience and hinting she had too much to drink. Carey turned to Daniels with a bizarre beginning to her acceptance speech, saying, "Oh my goodness! I don't think they understand the kitten in cotton thing. No we don't."
"Ok, I love you." Pausing to address the crowd, she added, "I have to say this is - and please forgive me because I'm a little bit um... yeah. Oh my goodness... ."
More Mariah Carey News
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Kristen Stewart and St. Vincent Make Red Carpet Debut as Couple at Vogue Event