Mariah Carey Messes Up Her Acceptance Speech
Mariah Carey stunned the star-studded audience at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday night, January 5, 2010 after she won the best supporting actress award - by slurring and stumbling through her acceptance speech. Carey was presented with the prize for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", by the film's director, Lee Daniels.
However, when the singer took the stage at the California event she stumbled through her words, giggling with the audience and hinting she had too much to drink. Carey turned to Daniels with a bizarre beginning to her acceptance speech, saying, "Oh my goodness! I don't think they understand the kitten in cotton thing. No we don't."
"Ok, I love you." Pausing to address the crowd, she added, "I have to say this is - and please forgive me because I'm a little bit um... yeah. Oh my goodness... ."
More Mariah Carey News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande