Mariah Carey Messes Up Her Acceptance Speech
Mariah Carey stunned the star-studded audience at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday night, January 5, 2010 after she won the best supporting actress award - by slurring and stumbling through her acceptance speech. Carey was presented with the prize for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", by the film's director, Lee Daniels.
However, when the singer took the stage at the California event she stumbled through her words, giggling with the audience and hinting she had too much to drink. Carey turned to Daniels with a bizarre beginning to her acceptance speech, saying, "Oh my goodness! I don't think they understand the kitten in cotton thing. No we don't."
"Ok, I love you." Pausing to address the crowd, she added, "I have to say this is - and please forgive me because I'm a little bit um... yeah. Oh my goodness... ."
More Mariah Carey News
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?