Mariah Carey Messes Up Her Acceptance Speech
Mariah Carey stunned the star-studded audience at the Palm Springs Film Festival on Tuesday night, January 5, 2010 after she won the best supporting actress award - by slurring and stumbling through her acceptance speech. Carey was presented with the prize for her role in "Precious: Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire", by the film's director, Lee Daniels.
However, when the singer took the stage at the California event she stumbled through her words, giggling with the audience and hinting she had too much to drink. Carey turned to Daniels with a bizarre beginning to her acceptance speech, saying, "Oh my goodness! I don't think they understand the kitten in cotton thing. No we don't."
"Ok, I love you." Pausing to address the crowd, she added, "I have to say this is - and please forgive me because I'm a little bit um... yeah. Oh my goodness... ."
More Mariah Carey News
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic