Aerosmith's Steven Tyler Cancels Solo Concert
Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has cancelled a planned solo show at the end of the month, January 2010 to give himself more time to kick his addiction to painkillers. The singer checked into a medical facility last month, December 2009 to get help for his dependence on prescription drugs, which he succumbed to following years of injuries sustained on stage.
Tyler was due to appear at a charity event in New Hampshire on January 23, 2010 for a solo show, titled "Dream On, An Intimate Evening with Steven Tyler", to raise money for good causes. But the gig has now been scrapped and organizers hope to rearrange it once the star is fully recovered.
Kat Strange, communications director for Child and Family Services, one of the show's sponsors, tells Blabbermouth.net, "Our agency and the people working with the artist's management all agree that we want to reschedule this date. Given the serious health concerns Mr. Tyler is facing, you just can't pick a day, but that's Plan A."
Tyler was previously admitted to rehab in 2008, when he entered a program to help deal with an addiction to painkillers following an operation on his feet.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'