Aerosmith's Steven Tyler Cancels Solo Concert
Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has cancelled a planned solo show at the end of the month, January 2010 to give himself more time to kick his addiction to painkillers. The singer checked into a medical facility last month, December 2009 to get help for his dependence on prescription drugs, which he succumbed to following years of injuries sustained on stage.
Tyler was due to appear at a charity event in New Hampshire on January 23, 2010 for a solo show, titled "Dream On, An Intimate Evening with Steven Tyler", to raise money for good causes. But the gig has now been scrapped and organizers hope to rearrange it once the star is fully recovered.
Kat Strange, communications director for Child and Family Services, one of the show's sponsors, tells Blabbermouth.net, "Our agency and the people working with the artist's management all agree that we want to reschedule this date. Given the serious health concerns Mr. Tyler is facing, you just can't pick a day, but that's Plan A."
Tyler was previously admitted to rehab in 2008, when he entered a program to help deal with an addiction to painkillers following an operation on his feet.
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous