Aerosmith's Steven Tyler Cancels Solo Concert
Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has cancelled a planned solo show at the end of the month, January 2010 to give himself more time to kick his addiction to painkillers. The singer checked into a medical facility last month, December 2009 to get help for his dependence on prescription drugs, which he succumbed to following years of injuries sustained on stage.
Tyler was due to appear at a charity event in New Hampshire on January 23, 2010 for a solo show, titled "Dream On, An Intimate Evening with Steven Tyler", to raise money for good causes. But the gig has now been scrapped and organizers hope to rearrange it once the star is fully recovered.
Kat Strange, communications director for Child and Family Services, one of the show's sponsors, tells Blabbermouth.net, "Our agency and the people working with the artist's management all agree that we want to reschedule this date. Given the serious health concerns Mr. Tyler is facing, you just can't pick a day, but that's Plan A."
Tyler was previously admitted to rehab in 2008, when he entered a program to help deal with an addiction to painkillers following an operation on his feet.
More Aerosmith News
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift