Amy Winehouse Is a Victim of Shopping, Father Says
Amy Winehouse's father Mitch Winehouse fears the troubled singer has swapped her drug addiction for an even more expensive habit - designer shopping sprees. The "Rehab" hitmaker's battle with alcohol and drug abuse has been well publicized, but her taxi driver father insists the 26 year old has kicked those demons once and for all.
But he's terrified she's now fallen victim to a spending addiction after seeing her hand over thousands in a single shopping trip. Mitch, 59, says, "Amy quit the drugs in her own way. In 2008, she said to me, 'Dad, I don't want to do this any more.' And she hasn't. I'm more proud of her for that than for her music - she's done it all herself. But she's not out of the woods yet. She's a recovering addict and other problems have developed."
"Shopping is a problem. She'll go into (lingerie shop) Agent Provocateur and spend 3,000 pounds on underwear in one go." And Mitch insists the singer, who has previously admitted to suffering an eating disorder, is exhausting herself with an alarming fitness regime: "She works out three to four hours a day, running and in the gym."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed