Amy Winehouse Is a Victim of Shopping, Father Says
Amy Winehouse's father Mitch Winehouse fears the troubled singer has swapped her drug addiction for an even more expensive habit - designer shopping sprees. The "Rehab" hitmaker's battle with alcohol and drug abuse has been well publicized, but her taxi driver father insists the 26 year old has kicked those demons once and for all.
But he's terrified she's now fallen victim to a spending addiction after seeing her hand over thousands in a single shopping trip. Mitch, 59, says, "Amy quit the drugs in her own way. In 2008, she said to me, 'Dad, I don't want to do this any more.' And she hasn't. I'm more proud of her for that than for her music - she's done it all herself. But she's not out of the woods yet. She's a recovering addict and other problems have developed."
"Shopping is a problem. She'll go into (lingerie shop) Agent Provocateur and spend 3,000 pounds on underwear in one go." And Mitch insists the singer, who has previously admitted to suffering an eating disorder, is exhausting herself with an alarming fitness regime: "She works out three to four hours a day, running and in the gym."
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'