Amy Winehouse Is a Victim of Shopping, Father Says
Amy Winehouse's father Mitch Winehouse fears the troubled singer has swapped her drug addiction for an even more expensive habit - designer shopping sprees. The "Rehab" hitmaker's battle with alcohol and drug abuse has been well publicized, but her taxi driver father insists the 26 year old has kicked those demons once and for all.
But he's terrified she's now fallen victim to a spending addiction after seeing her hand over thousands in a single shopping trip. Mitch, 59, says, "Amy quit the drugs in her own way. In 2008, she said to me, 'Dad, I don't want to do this any more.' And she hasn't. I'm more proud of her for that than for her music - she's done it all herself. But she's not out of the woods yet. She's a recovering addict and other problems have developed."
"Shopping is a problem. She'll go into (lingerie shop) Agent Provocateur and spend 3,000 pounds on underwear in one go." And Mitch insists the singer, who has previously admitted to suffering an eating disorder, is exhausting herself with an alarming fitness regime: "She works out three to four hours a day, running and in the gym."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage