Amy Winehouse Is a Victim of Shopping, Father Says
Amy Winehouse's father Mitch Winehouse fears the troubled singer has swapped her drug addiction for an even more expensive habit - designer shopping sprees. The "Rehab" hitmaker's battle with alcohol and drug abuse has been well publicized, but her taxi driver father insists the 26 year old has kicked those demons once and for all.
But he's terrified she's now fallen victim to a spending addiction after seeing her hand over thousands in a single shopping trip. Mitch, 59, says, "Amy quit the drugs in her own way. In 2008, she said to me, 'Dad, I don't want to do this any more.' And she hasn't. I'm more proud of her for that than for her music - she's done it all herself. But she's not out of the woods yet. She's a recovering addict and other problems have developed."
"Shopping is a problem. She'll go into (lingerie shop) Agent Provocateur and spend 3,000 pounds on underwear in one go." And Mitch insists the singer, who has previously admitted to suffering an eating disorder, is exhausting herself with an alarming fitness regime: "She works out three to four hours a day, running and in the gym."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones