Corinne Bailey Rae Still Mourns Her Husband's Death
British soul singer Corinne Bailey Rae is still reeling from her husband's 2008 death, comparing her grief to drowning in an ocean. The "Put Your Records On" hitmaker became a recluse following the sudden passing of Jason Rae, a member of superproducer Mark Ronson's band, who died from an accidental drug overdose in March 2008.
She stepped back into the studio last year to write new music and even performed a one-off show in London in November 2009. But Bailey Rae admits she's still struggling with her loss and feels "pinballed around" by the different stages of her grief.
The 30 year old tells Britain's Mojo magazine, "For the first few months I thought I was doing it wrong because it (grief) wasn't coming to me, then there would be times when I really, really would feel it. I used to feel like I was right at the bottom of the ocean, totally overwhelmed; you felt like you'd be able to drift back up to the surface and breathe again."
"I definitely still feel like I'm in that process. The one useful thing I feel anybody's said to me is how long a process it is. There are lots of times, even now, when it feels like it hasn't really happened."
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour