Corinne Bailey Rae Still Mourns Her Husband's Death
British soul singer Corinne Bailey Rae is still reeling from her husband's 2008 death, comparing her grief to drowning in an ocean. The "Put Your Records On" hitmaker became a recluse following the sudden passing of Jason Rae, a member of superproducer Mark Ronson's band, who died from an accidental drug overdose in March 2008.
She stepped back into the studio last year to write new music and even performed a one-off show in London in November 2009. But Bailey Rae admits she's still struggling with her loss and feels "pinballed around" by the different stages of her grief.
The 30 year old tells Britain's Mojo magazine, "For the first few months I thought I was doing it wrong because it (grief) wasn't coming to me, then there would be times when I really, really would feel it. I used to feel like I was right at the bottom of the ocean, totally overwhelmed; you felt like you'd be able to drift back up to the surface and breathe again."
"I definitely still feel like I'm in that process. The one useful thing I feel anybody's said to me is how long a process it is. There are lots of times, even now, when it feels like it hasn't really happened."
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards