Corinne Bailey Rae Still Mourns Her Husband's Death
British soul singer Corinne Bailey Rae is still reeling from her husband's 2008 death, comparing her grief to drowning in an ocean. The "Put Your Records On" hitmaker became a recluse following the sudden passing of Jason Rae, a member of superproducer Mark Ronson's band, who died from an accidental drug overdose in March 2008.
She stepped back into the studio last year to write new music and even performed a one-off show in London in November 2009. But Bailey Rae admits she's still struggling with her loss and feels "pinballed around" by the different stages of her grief.
The 30 year old tells Britain's Mojo magazine, "For the first few months I thought I was doing it wrong because it (grief) wasn't coming to me, then there would be times when I really, really would feel it. I used to feel like I was right at the bottom of the ocean, totally overwhelmed; you felt like you'd be able to drift back up to the surface and breathe again."
"I definitely still feel like I'm in that process. The one useful thing I feel anybody's said to me is how long a process it is. There are lots of times, even now, when it feels like it hasn't really happened."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered