Green Day's 'American Idiot' Will Hit Broadways
Green Day's acclaimed "American Idiot" musical has landed a run on Broadway. The production will open at New York's St. James Theatre at the end of March 2010. The show, directed by Michael Mayer and featuring songs from Green Day's albums "American Idiot" and "21st Century Breakdown", was a smash-success when it opened at the Berkeley Rep in California last year, 2009 - every night of its eight-week run was a sell-out.
A statement from Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong reads, "Experiencing American Idiot onstage in Berkeley was incredible... The musical arrangements are breathtaking. We've so proud that the show is coming to Broadway."
Reports suggest actor John Gallagher Jr. will reprise the lead role of Johnny when the musical opens on Broadway, but the cast has yet to be announced.
More Green Day News
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her