Green Day's 'American Idiot' Will Hit Broadways
Green Day's acclaimed "American Idiot" musical has landed a run on Broadway. The production will open at New York's St. James Theatre at the end of March 2010. The show, directed by Michael Mayer and featuring songs from Green Day's albums "American Idiot" and "21st Century Breakdown", was a smash-success when it opened at the Berkeley Rep in California last year, 2009 - every night of its eight-week run was a sell-out.
A statement from Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong reads, "Experiencing American Idiot onstage in Berkeley was incredible... The musical arrangements are breathtaking. We've so proud that the show is coming to Broadway."
Reports suggest actor John Gallagher Jr. will reprise the lead role of Johnny when the musical opens on Broadway, but the cast has yet to be announced.
More Green Day News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7