Ethan Hawke Regrets Not Playing Robert Redford
Actor Ethan Hawke will always regret the day he botched an audition for a Robert Redford movie, because he was desperate to work with his "hero". The "Training Day" star reveals he once tried out for a role in one of the legendary actor's directorial projects.
Hawke refuses to name the title of the movie, but admits an unlucky case of miscommunication and his severe nerves cost him the job. He says, "I once auditioned for Robert Redford, a hero of mine, and I wanted this part so bad, I had this whole speech I had to remember and I was so nervous. I go in, and he knew my name."
"He asked me if I would read for him. I said I would be happy to, but that I was so incredibly nervous at that moment that I thought I might be sick. [I said] 'Would it be alright if I came back?' He said, 'Sure, please do', and I thought, 'I just need five minutes to pull myself together', but then his assistant said I could come back the next day."
"I had a whole 'nother 24 hours of staying up all night and worrying about this some more. That's probably why I didn't get the part."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' New Season 7 Trailer Sees Melisandre's Return
- Listen to Cara Delevingne's Sultry Song From 'Valerian' Soundtrack
- Comic-Con: Todd McFarlane Teams Up With 'Get Out' Producer for 'Spawn' Movie
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Swingers Rumors: I Wish I and Will Smith Were!
- Comic-Con: 'The Gifted' Debuts New Mutant-Filled Trailer, Confirms No Crossover With 'X-Men'
- Report: 'Harley Quinn vs The Joker' Spin-Off in Development at Warner Bros.
- Comic-Con: Netflix Renews 'Iron Fist for' Season 2
- Bella Thorne Hilariously 'Recreates' Fake Masturbating Video