Gerard Butler Cleared From Battery Charge
Scottish actor Gerard Butler is in the clear following his 2008 bust-up with a paparazzi - a California judge has dismissed a misdemeanor battery charge against him. The Los Angeles City Attorney filed the charge against Butler in May, 2009 after investigating claims the "300" star attacked a snapper outside the premiere party for Guy Ritchie film "RocknRolla" on October 7, 2008.
The actor's representatives insisted the photographer was stalking the star, almost killing a pedestrian as he chased the Scot through Hollywood. The charge was dismissed at a hearing on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 after the actor completed community service. Butler faced up to six months in jail if convicted.
His battery charge aside, Gerard Butler was recently named as a sex symbol through his role in "P.S. I Love You" and "The Ugly Truth". On his new title, he gushed, "I joke with (becoming a sex symbol) because it's way better to be appreciated than to not be appreciated."
More Gerard Butler News
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'