Gerard Butler Cleared From Battery Charge
Scottish actor Gerard Butler is in the clear following his 2008 bust-up with a paparazzi - a California judge has dismissed a misdemeanor battery charge against him. The Los Angeles City Attorney filed the charge against Butler in May, 2009 after investigating claims the "300" star attacked a snapper outside the premiere party for Guy Ritchie film "RocknRolla" on October 7, 2008.
The actor's representatives insisted the photographer was stalking the star, almost killing a pedestrian as he chased the Scot through Hollywood. The charge was dismissed at a hearing on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 after the actor completed community service. Butler faced up to six months in jail if convicted.
His battery charge aside, Gerard Butler was recently named as a sex symbol through his role in "P.S. I Love You" and "The Ugly Truth". On his new title, he gushed, "I joke with (becoming a sex symbol) because it's way better to be appreciated than to not be appreciated."
More Gerard Butler News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4