Gerard Butler Cleared From Battery Charge
Scottish actor Gerard Butler is in the clear following his 2008 bust-up with a paparazzi - a California judge has dismissed a misdemeanor battery charge against him. The Los Angeles City Attorney filed the charge against Butler in May, 2009 after investigating claims the "300" star attacked a snapper outside the premiere party for Guy Ritchie film "RocknRolla" on October 7, 2008.
The actor's representatives insisted the photographer was stalking the star, almost killing a pedestrian as he chased the Scot through Hollywood. The charge was dismissed at a hearing on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 after the actor completed community service. Butler faced up to six months in jail if convicted.
His battery charge aside, Gerard Butler was recently named as a sex symbol through his role in "P.S. I Love You" and "The Ugly Truth". On his new title, he gushed, "I joke with (becoming a sex symbol) because it's way better to be appreciated than to not be appreciated."
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her
- Mariah Carey Debuts New Song 'Infamous' for 'Empire' Series
- Keanu Reeves Walks Down Brooklyn Bridge With His New Dog in New 'John Wick 2' Pic
- Here's the Real Reason Rob Kardashian Tweeted Kylie Jenner's Number. Does She Deserve It?