Gerard Butler Cleared From Battery Charge
Scottish actor Gerard Butler is in the clear following his 2008 bust-up with a paparazzi - a California judge has dismissed a misdemeanor battery charge against him. The Los Angeles City Attorney filed the charge against Butler in May, 2009 after investigating claims the "300" star attacked a snapper outside the premiere party for Guy Ritchie film "RocknRolla" on October 7, 2008.
The actor's representatives insisted the photographer was stalking the star, almost killing a pedestrian as he chased the Scot through Hollywood. The charge was dismissed at a hearing on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 after the actor completed community service. Butler faced up to six months in jail if convicted.
His battery charge aside, Gerard Butler was recently named as a sex symbol through his role in "P.S. I Love You" and "The Ugly Truth". On his new title, he gushed, "I joke with (becoming a sex symbol) because it's way better to be appreciated than to not be appreciated."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding