Gerard Butler Cleared From Battery Charge
Scottish actor Gerard Butler is in the clear following his 2008 bust-up with a paparazzi - a California judge has dismissed a misdemeanor battery charge against him. The Los Angeles City Attorney filed the charge against Butler in May, 2009 after investigating claims the "300" star attacked a snapper outside the premiere party for Guy Ritchie film "RocknRolla" on October 7, 2008.
The actor's representatives insisted the photographer was stalking the star, almost killing a pedestrian as he chased the Scot through Hollywood. The charge was dismissed at a hearing on Tuesday, January 5, 2010 after the actor completed community service. Butler faced up to six months in jail if convicted.
His battery charge aside, Gerard Butler was recently named as a sex symbol through his role in "P.S. I Love You" and "The Ugly Truth". On his new title, he gushed, "I joke with (becoming a sex symbol) because it's way better to be appreciated than to not be appreciated."
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo