Jennifer Lopez Slamming Academy Members for Snubbing Her Role in 'El Cantante'
Jennifer Lopez has lashed out at Oscar voters for not nominating her for her role in "El Cantante". The singer/actress felt let down when her name wasn't among the hopefuls for the 2008 Academy Awards - and can only imagine the experts didn't get around to seeing her turn as salsa star Hector Lavoe's wife Puchi.
She tells the upcoming issue of Latina magazine, "I feel like I had that (Oscar role) in 'El Cantante', but I don't even think the Academy members saw it. I feel like it's their responsibility to do that, to see everything that's out there, everything that could be great."
Lopez admits she would have loved to have accepted her first Oscar from a hospital bed after just giving birth to her twins Max and Emme. She adds, "I had just given birth on the 22nd (February), and the Oscars, I think, were a day or two later."
"I was sitting there with my twins (and) I couldn't have been happier, but I was like, 'How dope would it have been if I would've won the Oscar and been here in my hospital bed accepting the award?' - 'Thank you so much! I just want to thank the Academy!'"
And she still has her sights on an Oscar: "Things will happen when they're supposed to happen. I have the utmost faith and no doubt that it will (happen) one day."
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass