Peter Gabriel to Promote New Covers Album With Full Orchestra
Peter Gabriel will perform selections from his upcoming covers album "Scratch My Back" with a full orchestra in Berlin, London and Paris in March, 2010. The rocker's first new album in eight years will be released next month, February 2010 and features orchestral arrangements of songs by David Bowie, Lou Reed, Bon Iver, Paul Simon, Neil Young, Elbow and Radiohead, among others.
Gabriel will perform the tracks at four shows, culminating with concerts at London's 02 Arena on 27 and March, 28. The artists whose songs Gabriel covers on "Scratch My Back" have recorded new versions of his hits for a future album.
Peter Gabriel was the member of Genesis when the band was first founded in 1967. He then decided to leave the band in 1975 and the lead singer role was taken by Phil Collins after a long search of replacement.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia