Peter Gabriel to Promote New Covers Album With Full Orchestra
Peter Gabriel will perform selections from his upcoming covers album "Scratch My Back" with a full orchestra in Berlin, London and Paris in March, 2010. The rocker's first new album in eight years will be released next month, February 2010 and features orchestral arrangements of songs by David Bowie, Lou Reed, Bon Iver, Paul Simon, Neil Young, Elbow and Radiohead, among others.
Gabriel will perform the tracks at four shows, culminating with concerts at London's 02 Arena on 27 and March, 28. The artists whose songs Gabriel covers on "Scratch My Back" have recorded new versions of his hits for a future album.
Peter Gabriel was the member of Genesis when the band was first founded in 1967. He then decided to leave the band in 1975 and the lead singer role was taken by Phil Collins after a long search of replacement.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'