Golf Course and Amusement Park Built to Remember Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson is to remembered in his native Gary, Indiana with a championship golf course and Neverland-style amusement park. Members of the Jackson family and local businessmen hope to break ground on development of the first stage of a King of Pop memorial site on the outskirts of Gary later this year, 2010.
The 100-acre complex will feature a Jackson museum, 300-room hotel, amusement park and golf course, according to project president Odie Anderson. He insists that planning work on the proposed site, which will take 10 years to complete and cost an estimated $1 billion, is on "a fast track".
Anderson tells the Los Angeles Times that organisers are currently debating whether or not to recreate the old Jackson family home or arrange for bus tours to the address from the propose museum.
More Michael Jackson News
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son