Golf Course and Amusement Park Built to Remember Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson is to remembered in his native Gary, Indiana with a championship golf course and Neverland-style amusement park. Members of the Jackson family and local businessmen hope to break ground on development of the first stage of a King of Pop memorial site on the outskirts of Gary later this year, 2010.
The 100-acre complex will feature a Jackson museum, 300-room hotel, amusement park and golf course, according to project president Odie Anderson. He insists that planning work on the proposed site, which will take 10 years to complete and cost an estimated $1 billion, is on "a fast track".
Anderson tells the Los Angeles Times that organisers are currently debating whether or not to recreate the old Jackson family home or arrange for bus tours to the address from the propose museum.
More Michael Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour