George Clooney and 'Up in the Air' Become Favorite to Receive Golden Globe
George Clooney and his film "Up in the Air" are set to have a golden night at the Golden Globes later this month, January 2010 after topping leading critics' picks in a new TheEnvelope.com poll. Eleven of the 20 experts who voted picked "Up In The Air" to claim top honors as Best Film, while 10 gave Clooney the edge over Jeff Bridges ("Crazy Heart") and Colin Firth ("A Single Man") in the Best Drama Actor category.
The Best Drama Actress fight will be a closely contested battle between Sandra Bullock ("The Blind Side") and Carey Mulligan ("An Education"), according to the critics. "It's Complicated" leads the way as the Best Comedy/Musical Picture, but the other four nominees - "The Hangover", "Julie & Julia", "Nine" and "500 Days of Summer" - all get votes.
Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as "Sherlock Holmes" earned him the bulk of votes for Best Comedy/Musical Actor and Meryl Streep is the clear favorite to land the Best Comedy/Musical Actress. Former couple Kathryn Bigelow ("The Hurt Locker") and James Cameron ("Avatar") will battle it out for the Best Director prize - Cameron landed nine votes to Bigelow's eight. The Golden Globe Awards will be held in Los Angeles on January 17.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered