George Clooney and 'Up in the Air' Become Favorite to Receive Golden Globe
George Clooney and his film "Up in the Air" are set to have a golden night at the Golden Globes later this month, January 2010 after topping leading critics' picks in a new TheEnvelope.com poll. Eleven of the 20 experts who voted picked "Up In The Air" to claim top honors as Best Film, while 10 gave Clooney the edge over Jeff Bridges ("Crazy Heart") and Colin Firth ("A Single Man") in the Best Drama Actor category.
The Best Drama Actress fight will be a closely contested battle between Sandra Bullock ("The Blind Side") and Carey Mulligan ("An Education"), according to the critics. "It's Complicated" leads the way as the Best Comedy/Musical Picture, but the other four nominees - "The Hangover", "Julie & Julia", "Nine" and "500 Days of Summer" - all get votes.
Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as "Sherlock Holmes" earned him the bulk of votes for Best Comedy/Musical Actor and Meryl Streep is the clear favorite to land the Best Comedy/Musical Actress. Former couple Kathryn Bigelow ("The Hurt Locker") and James Cameron ("Avatar") will battle it out for the Best Director prize - Cameron landed nine votes to Bigelow's eight. The Golden Globe Awards will be held in Los Angeles on January 17.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?