George Clooney and 'Up in the Air' Become Favorite to Receive Golden Globe
George Clooney and his film "Up in the Air" are set to have a golden night at the Golden Globes later this month, January 2010 after topping leading critics' picks in a new TheEnvelope.com poll. Eleven of the 20 experts who voted picked "Up In The Air" to claim top honors as Best Film, while 10 gave Clooney the edge over Jeff Bridges ("Crazy Heart") and Colin Firth ("A Single Man") in the Best Drama Actor category.
The Best Drama Actress fight will be a closely contested battle between Sandra Bullock ("The Blind Side") and Carey Mulligan ("An Education"), according to the critics. "It's Complicated" leads the way as the Best Comedy/Musical Picture, but the other four nominees - "The Hangover", "Julie & Julia", "Nine" and "500 Days of Summer" - all get votes.
Robert Downey Jr.'s turn as "Sherlock Holmes" earned him the bulk of votes for Best Comedy/Musical Actor and Meryl Streep is the clear favorite to land the Best Comedy/Musical Actress. Former couple Kathryn Bigelow ("The Hurt Locker") and James Cameron ("Avatar") will battle it out for the Best Director prize - Cameron landed nine votes to Bigelow's eight. The Golden Globe Awards will be held in Los Angeles on January 17.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13