Lil Wayne to Voice Jesus Christ, Starring Opposite T-Pain
Hip-hop superstar Lil Wayne will resurrect Jesus Christ for a new animated series he's starring in with singer/rapper T-Pain. The "Lollipop" hitmaker will voice the Son of God in "Freakniks", a TV special for U.S cable channel Adult Swim.
Explaining the concept for the show, Jake Escobedo, creative director for Adult Swim, says, "Basically it was a 'Black Spring Break' that went down in Atlanta and got shut down back in '98 or '99. So the show is going to resurrect that, and it's going to be starring T-Pain and Lil Wayne and all these other artists like David Banner and some other dudes."
"It's all drawn, and T-Pain plays the ghost of spring break, the Spirit of Freaknik. He brings this party back to Atlanta and the artists have done all this music for it, and it's amazing." "Freakniks" will air in the U.S. on March 21.
More Lil Wayne News
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified