Lil Wayne to Voice Jesus Christ, Starring Opposite T-Pain
Hip-hop superstar Lil Wayne will resurrect Jesus Christ for a new animated series he's starring in with singer/rapper T-Pain. The "Lollipop" hitmaker will voice the Son of God in "Freakniks", a TV special for U.S cable channel Adult Swim.
Explaining the concept for the show, Jake Escobedo, creative director for Adult Swim, says, "Basically it was a 'Black Spring Break' that went down in Atlanta and got shut down back in '98 or '99. So the show is going to resurrect that, and it's going to be starring T-Pain and Lil Wayne and all these other artists like David Banner and some other dudes."
"It's all drawn, and T-Pain plays the ghost of spring break, the Spirit of Freaknik. He brings this party back to Atlanta and the artists have done all this music for it, and it's amazing." "Freakniks" will air in the U.S. on March 21.
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' Actor Johnathon Schaech Wants to Be the Next Wolverine
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech