Lil Wayne to Voice Jesus Christ, Starring Opposite T-Pain
Hip-hop superstar Lil Wayne will resurrect Jesus Christ for a new animated series he's starring in with singer/rapper T-Pain. The "Lollipop" hitmaker will voice the Son of God in "Freakniks", a TV special for U.S cable channel Adult Swim.
Explaining the concept for the show, Jake Escobedo, creative director for Adult Swim, says, "Basically it was a 'Black Spring Break' that went down in Atlanta and got shut down back in '98 or '99. So the show is going to resurrect that, and it's going to be starring T-Pain and Lil Wayne and all these other artists like David Banner and some other dudes."
"It's all drawn, and T-Pain plays the ghost of spring break, the Spirit of Freaknik. He brings this party back to Atlanta and the artists have done all this music for it, and it's amazing." "Freakniks" will air in the U.S. on March 21.
More Lil Wayne News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris