Lil Wayne to Voice Jesus Christ, Starring Opposite T-Pain
Hip-hop superstar Lil Wayne will resurrect Jesus Christ for a new animated series he's starring in with singer/rapper T-Pain. The "Lollipop" hitmaker will voice the Son of God in "Freakniks", a TV special for U.S cable channel Adult Swim.
Explaining the concept for the show, Jake Escobedo, creative director for Adult Swim, says, "Basically it was a 'Black Spring Break' that went down in Atlanta and got shut down back in '98 or '99. So the show is going to resurrect that, and it's going to be starring T-Pain and Lil Wayne and all these other artists like David Banner and some other dudes."
"It's all drawn, and T-Pain plays the ghost of spring break, the Spirit of Freaknik. He brings this party back to Atlanta and the artists have done all this music for it, and it's amazing." "Freakniks" will air in the U.S. on March 21.
More Lil Wayne News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'