Kim Cattrall and Sarah Jessica Parker Sick of Rivalry Rumor
Kim Cattrall is sick of rumors suggesting she hates working under the guidance of her "Sex and the City" co-star Sarah Jessica Parker - hailing her reported rival as "a born leader". Cattrall and Parker - who is also executive producer of the hit TV series and subsequent film outings - have reportedly had a turbulent working relationship for years due to the Mannequin star's alleged jealousy of Parker's power on set.
Cattrall fuelled speculation after she took longer than her co-stars to sign up for both the first and second big screen offerings of the comedy. Parker recently took a stand against the reports, stating: "I don't think anybody wants to believe that I love Kim. I adore her. I wouldn't have done the movie without her."
And Cattrall has now backed her up, telling Britain's Mail on Sunday, "I think Sarah was right - people don't want to believe that we get on. They have too much invested in the idea of two strong, successful women fighting with each other. It makes for juicy gossip and copy."
"The truth of us being friends and getting along and happily doing our jobs together is nowhere near as newsworthy. I think Sarah is fantastic. She is a born leader and she guides the crew and the cast in such a strong and gentle way. She and I are sick of this. It's exhausting talking about it, and a real bore. Next?"
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7