David Beckham Not Big Enough for 'The Simpsons'
David Beckham was denied the chance to get animated for "The Simpsons" - after TV producers deemed the soccer star wasn't famous enough for American audiences. The sports ace, who plays for the U.S. club Los Angeles Galaxy, was in talks to appear as a yellow character on the long-running cartoon but executive producer Al Jean eventually snubbed him after deciding the cameo wouldn't work.
Jean explains, "I had to phone David Beckham to tell him sorry. I didn't think he was a big enough star for an American audience. I get a lot of grief about that. Some people got angry about it and told me, 'I bet you would have put (former professional soccer star) George Best on!' But I would have turned him down too."
David Beckham has moved from U.K to U.S after in January 2007, it was announced that he would leave Real Madrid and signed a five-year contract with Los Angeles Galaxy. The football player and his family including wife Victoria Adams then moved move to Beverly Hills neighborhood.
More The Simpsons News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent