David Beckham Not Big Enough for 'The Simpsons'
David Beckham was denied the chance to get animated for "The Simpsons" - after TV producers deemed the soccer star wasn't famous enough for American audiences. The sports ace, who plays for the U.S. club Los Angeles Galaxy, was in talks to appear as a yellow character on the long-running cartoon but executive producer Al Jean eventually snubbed him after deciding the cameo wouldn't work.
Jean explains, "I had to phone David Beckham to tell him sorry. I didn't think he was a big enough star for an American audience. I get a lot of grief about that. Some people got angry about it and told me, 'I bet you would have put (former professional soccer star) George Best on!' But I would have turned him down too."
David Beckham has moved from U.K to U.S after in January 2007, it was announced that he would leave Real Madrid and signed a five-year contract with Los Angeles Galaxy. The football player and his family including wife Victoria Adams then moved move to Beverly Hills neighborhood.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show