David Beckham Not Big Enough for 'The Simpsons'
David Beckham was denied the chance to get animated for "The Simpsons" - after TV producers deemed the soccer star wasn't famous enough for American audiences. The sports ace, who plays for the U.S. club Los Angeles Galaxy, was in talks to appear as a yellow character on the long-running cartoon but executive producer Al Jean eventually snubbed him after deciding the cameo wouldn't work.
Jean explains, "I had to phone David Beckham to tell him sorry. I didn't think he was a big enough star for an American audience. I get a lot of grief about that. Some people got angry about it and told me, 'I bet you would have put (former professional soccer star) George Best on!' But I would have turned him down too."
David Beckham has moved from U.K to U.S after in January 2007, it was announced that he would leave Real Madrid and signed a five-year contract with Los Angeles Galaxy. The football player and his family including wife Victoria Adams then moved move to Beverly Hills neighborhood.
More The Simpsons News
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans
- Michael Jackson's Songs Are Reportedly Not Allowed to Be Featured in 'Bubbles'
- The Weeknd Buys $18 Million Luxurious House. Will Selena Gomez Move In?
- Celine Dion and Cher Reportedly Feuding at BBMAs