David Beckham Not Big Enough for 'The Simpsons'
David Beckham was denied the chance to get animated for "The Simpsons" - after TV producers deemed the soccer star wasn't famous enough for American audiences. The sports ace, who plays for the U.S. club Los Angeles Galaxy, was in talks to appear as a yellow character on the long-running cartoon but executive producer Al Jean eventually snubbed him after deciding the cameo wouldn't work.
Jean explains, "I had to phone David Beckham to tell him sorry. I didn't think he was a big enough star for an American audience. I get a lot of grief about that. Some people got angry about it and told me, 'I bet you would have put (former professional soccer star) George Best on!' But I would have turned him down too."
David Beckham has moved from U.K to U.S after in January 2007, it was announced that he would leave Real Madrid and signed a five-year contract with Los Angeles Galaxy. The football player and his family including wife Victoria Adams then moved move to Beverly Hills neighborhood.
More The Simpsons News
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'