Robbie Williams Rumored to Have Proposed Girlfriend Ayda Field, Again
British singer Robbie Williams has fueled speculation he's preparing to wed his girlfriend, just weeks after causing a media storm following a joke proposal on Australian radio. The "Angels" hitmaker asked partner Ayda Field to marry him during an interview on a Sydney radio station in November 2009, but later revealed the announcement was a hoax.
His mother Jan was adamant the proposal was real - forcing Williams to issue an official denial on his website. But the 35 year old cemented his commitment to Field over the Christmas 2009 period, proposing to her on Tuesday, December 29, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "He just couldn't help himself - he's like an excitable puppy. He wanted to wait until midnight on New Year's Eve to pop the question, but just couldn't hang on. So he proposed at home on Tuesday night."
"Despite all the previous speculation about them getting hitched Ayda was still very surprised. She was thrilled and said yes straight away." As the loved-up couple walked through Los Angles on Sunday, January 3, Field was spotted sporting a dazzling diamond on her ring finger.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard