Robbie Williams Rumored to Have Proposed Girlfriend Ayda Field, Again
British singer Robbie Williams has fueled speculation he's preparing to wed his girlfriend, just weeks after causing a media storm following a joke proposal on Australian radio. The "Angels" hitmaker asked partner Ayda Field to marry him during an interview on a Sydney radio station in November 2009, but later revealed the announcement was a hoax.
His mother Jan was adamant the proposal was real - forcing Williams to issue an official denial on his website. But the 35 year old cemented his commitment to Field over the Christmas 2009 period, proposing to her on Tuesday, December 29, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "He just couldn't help himself - he's like an excitable puppy. He wanted to wait until midnight on New Year's Eve to pop the question, but just couldn't hang on. So he proposed at home on Tuesday night."
"Despite all the previous speculation about them getting hitched Ayda was still very surprised. She was thrilled and said yes straight away." As the loved-up couple walked through Los Angles on Sunday, January 3, Field was spotted sporting a dazzling diamond on her ring finger.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer