Robbie Williams Rumored to Have Proposed Girlfriend Ayda Field, Again
British singer Robbie Williams has fueled speculation he's preparing to wed his girlfriend, just weeks after causing a media storm following a joke proposal on Australian radio. The "Angels" hitmaker asked partner Ayda Field to marry him during an interview on a Sydney radio station in November 2009, but later revealed the announcement was a hoax.
His mother Jan was adamant the proposal was real - forcing Williams to issue an official denial on his website. But the 35 year old cemented his commitment to Field over the Christmas 2009 period, proposing to her on Tuesday, December 29, according to Britain's The Sun newspaper.
A source tells the publication, "He just couldn't help himself - he's like an excitable puppy. He wanted to wait until midnight on New Year's Eve to pop the question, but just couldn't hang on. So he proposed at home on Tuesday night."
"Despite all the previous speculation about them getting hitched Ayda was still very surprised. She was thrilled and said yes straight away." As the loved-up couple walked through Los Angles on Sunday, January 3, Field was spotted sporting a dazzling diamond on her ring finger.
More Robbie Williams News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour