Sandra Bullock Still Mourns Helga Meyer's Death
Sandra Bullock is still grieving the death of her mother, nine years after she lost her battle with cancer. The 45 year old insists it took her years to come to terms with the death of German opera singer Helga in 2000 - and she still struggles to cope with the loss.
Bullock says, "It took me two years to accept that she's not here. It doesn't get easier; it gets harder. But it's a good thing, because I feel it and I value it and I'm not rushing through life."
One method she has found to deal with the grief is by using her power to help other women suffering from cancer. "The Blind Side" star adds, "I love to do things that continue what she started, whether it's making candles or creating a place for women going through chemotherapy to spend time with their families."
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing