Sandra Bullock Still Mourns Helga Meyer's Death
Sandra Bullock is still grieving the death of her mother, nine years after she lost her battle with cancer. The 45 year old insists it took her years to come to terms with the death of German opera singer Helga in 2000 - and she still struggles to cope with the loss.
Bullock says, "It took me two years to accept that she's not here. It doesn't get easier; it gets harder. But it's a good thing, because I feel it and I value it and I'm not rushing through life."
One method she has found to deal with the grief is by using her power to help other women suffering from cancer. "The Blind Side" star adds, "I love to do things that continue what she started, whether it's making candles or creating a place for women going through chemotherapy to spend time with their families."
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!