Sandra Bullock Still Mourns Helga Meyer's Death
Sandra Bullock is still grieving the death of her mother, nine years after she lost her battle with cancer. The 45 year old insists it took her years to come to terms with the death of German opera singer Helga in 2000 - and she still struggles to cope with the loss.
Bullock says, "It took me two years to accept that she's not here. It doesn't get easier; it gets harder. But it's a good thing, because I feel it and I value it and I'm not rushing through life."
One method she has found to deal with the grief is by using her power to help other women suffering from cancer. "The Blind Side" star adds, "I love to do things that continue what she started, whether it's making candles or creating a place for women going through chemotherapy to spend time with their families."
More Sandra Bullock News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?