Sandra Bullock Still Mourns Helga Meyer's Death
Sandra Bullock is still grieving the death of her mother, nine years after she lost her battle with cancer. The 45 year old insists it took her years to come to terms with the death of German opera singer Helga in 2000 - and she still struggles to cope with the loss.
Bullock says, "It took me two years to accept that she's not here. It doesn't get easier; it gets harder. But it's a good thing, because I feel it and I value it and I'm not rushing through life."
One method she has found to deal with the grief is by using her power to help other women suffering from cancer. "The Blind Side" star adds, "I love to do things that continue what she started, whether it's making candles or creating a place for women going through chemotherapy to spend time with their families."
More Sandra Bullock News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance