Coldplay Earn 400,000 Dollars Through Auction
British rockers Coldplay have started 2010 on a high - their fundraising auction has raised $402,371 for a children's charity. The "Yellow" hitmakers put all of their unwanted rock memorabilia up for sale on Ebay.com last month, December 2009 and fans clamored to become the top-bidders for the items.
And when the auction ended on Thursday, December 31, 2009, the stars were stunned to learn the final total. A statement on the band's website reads, "We're very pleased to reveal that the final total raised by the auction is an amazing 251,482 ponds."
"The text messages were flying around last night and it's fair to say that the band are just as excited/grateful/amazed by the enormous total as Kids Company are. A huge thanks to everyone who bid and helped make the Clearout Sale such a success. The proceeds from the auction will benefit Kids Company, which supports young people in London."
More Coldplay News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story