Coldplay Earn 400,000 Dollars Through Auction
British rockers Coldplay have started 2010 on a high - their fundraising auction has raised $402,371 for a children's charity. The "Yellow" hitmakers put all of their unwanted rock memorabilia up for sale on Ebay.com last month, December 2009 and fans clamored to become the top-bidders for the items.
And when the auction ended on Thursday, December 31, 2009, the stars were stunned to learn the final total. A statement on the band's website reads, "We're very pleased to reveal that the final total raised by the auction is an amazing 251,482 ponds."
"The text messages were flying around last night and it's fair to say that the band are just as excited/grateful/amazed by the enormous total as Kids Company are. A huge thanks to everyone who bid and helped make the Clearout Sale such a success. The proceeds from the auction will benefit Kids Company, which supports young people in London."
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future