Coldplay Earn 400,000 Dollars Through Auction
British rockers Coldplay have started 2010 on a high - their fundraising auction has raised $402,371 for a children's charity. The "Yellow" hitmakers put all of their unwanted rock memorabilia up for sale on Ebay.com last month, December 2009 and fans clamored to become the top-bidders for the items.
And when the auction ended on Thursday, December 31, 2009, the stars were stunned to learn the final total. A statement on the band's website reads, "We're very pleased to reveal that the final total raised by the auction is an amazing 251,482 ponds."
"The text messages were flying around last night and it's fair to say that the band are just as excited/grateful/amazed by the enormous total as Kids Company are. A huge thanks to everyone who bid and helped make the Clearout Sale such a success. The proceeds from the auction will benefit Kids Company, which supports young people in London."
More Coldplay News
- 'Westworld' Reveals Who the Man in Black Is, but There Are Bigger Twists
- Madonna Accused of Getting Butt Implants After Onstage Twerk With Ariana Grande
- Jonah Hill Involved in Serious Car Accident in L.A. - Is He Okay?
- The Weeknd Scores Second No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Starboy'
- 'American Honey' Is Triumphant at British Independent Film Awards
- Artist of the Week: Zay Hilfigerrr
- Gwen Stefani Fails to Cover Her Neck Hickey During an Outing With Her Kids
- Find Out When Kim Kardashian Will Return to Social Media