Coldplay Earn 400,000 Dollars Through Auction
British rockers Coldplay have started 2010 on a high - their fundraising auction has raised $402,371 for a children's charity. The "Yellow" hitmakers put all of their unwanted rock memorabilia up for sale on Ebay.com last month, December 2009 and fans clamored to become the top-bidders for the items.
And when the auction ended on Thursday, December 31, 2009, the stars were stunned to learn the final total. A statement on the band's website reads, "We're very pleased to reveal that the final total raised by the auction is an amazing 251,482 ponds."
"The text messages were flying around last night and it's fair to say that the band are just as excited/grateful/amazed by the enormous total as Kids Company are. A huge thanks to everyone who bid and helped make the Clearout Sale such a success. The proceeds from the auction will benefit Kids Company, which supports young people in London."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic