Court Hearing on Charlie Sheen Restraining Order Postponed
Charlie Sheen will have to wait another week to learn if he is allowed contact with his wife Broke Mueller after their court date relating to a protection order against the actor was postponed.
The "Two and a Half Men" star is facing charges of second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief after a domestic dispute with Mueller on Christmas morning (Dec 25, 2009) landed him in police custody in Aspen, Colorado. A restraining order banning Sheen from contacting his wife was put in place amid allegations he threatened Mueller with a knife during the heated argument.
Mueller's lawyer Yale Galanter revealed on Wednesday (Dec 30) he had filed papers in an Aspen court requesting permission to change the terms of the order, allowing the pair to resume contact "so they can work on resolving the conflicts in their marriage" - a move opposed by local prosecutors.
The case was due to go before a judge on Monday (Jan 4, 2010), but the hearing has now been delayed until January 11, according to TMZ.com.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign