Simon Cowell to Play Grumpy for His Return to 'The Simpsons'
Simon Cowell is set to return to "The Simpsons" for a second cameo role, despite branding his last animated experience "embarrassing and intimidating." The "American Idol" judge admitted he didn't have a good time when he lent his voice to a cartoon character etched in his likeness in 2004, but has signed to make another appearance in an new episode.
Cringing over his last stint on the show, he remembers, "They obviously hated me as I had to do it over and over again. I could actually feel the rolling of eyeballs. It was like, 'After take 57 Simon could we have a little more reality'. It was painful."
Cowell will play a grumpy character who upsets young Maggie Simpson, angering her dad Homer in the show. He adds, "Surprisingly, I was an a**shole and got to behave like an a**shole. That was really out of character. I was very happy to do that."
"I criticized the daughter and she cries so Homer punches me in the face and I criticize the punch because it wasn't a very good punch." The episode will air on January 11, 2010.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'