Simon Cowell to Play Grumpy for His Return to 'The Simpsons'
Simon Cowell is set to return to "The Simpsons" for a second cameo role, despite branding his last animated experience "embarrassing and intimidating." The "American Idol" judge admitted he didn't have a good time when he lent his voice to a cartoon character etched in his likeness in 2004, but has signed to make another appearance in an new episode.
Cringing over his last stint on the show, he remembers, "They obviously hated me as I had to do it over and over again. I could actually feel the rolling of eyeballs. It was like, 'After take 57 Simon could we have a little more reality'. It was painful."
Cowell will play a grumpy character who upsets young Maggie Simpson, angering her dad Homer in the show. He adds, "Surprisingly, I was an a**shole and got to behave like an a**shole. That was really out of character. I was very happy to do that."
"I criticized the daughter and she cries so Homer punches me in the face and I criticize the punch because it wasn't a very good punch." The episode will air on January 11, 2010.
More The Simpsons News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene