Director R.H. Greene Still Searching For His Jimi Hendrix
The search is on for an unknown to play Jimi Hendrix in a new movie about the guitar great's hoax kidnapping in 1969. Director R.H. Greene is hoping to make a start on his film Slide in early 2010, but he admits he's yet to find his Hendrix.
The movie is based on an alleged bogus kidnapping attempt on the rocker. Rumor has it Hendrix's manager, Michael Jeffrey, paid a New York gang to abduct the star, so he could 'rescue' him and prove how indispensable he was to the guitar legend.
Greene tells TwentyFourBit.com, "While we have to be speculative because no definitive version of the event exists, this takes it out of the realm of fiction for me. It's part of Jimi's story, and I think it offers an opportunity to show him fully but from a unique angle. That was my aim in writing it, and that's going to be my aim in making it."
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic