Director R.H. Greene Still Searching For His Jimi Hendrix
The search is on for an unknown to play Jimi Hendrix in a new movie about the guitar great's hoax kidnapping in 1969. Director R.H. Greene is hoping to make a start on his film Slide in early 2010, but he admits he's yet to find his Hendrix.
The movie is based on an alleged bogus kidnapping attempt on the rocker. Rumor has it Hendrix's manager, Michael Jeffrey, paid a New York gang to abduct the star, so he could 'rescue' him and prove how indispensable he was to the guitar legend.
Greene tells TwentyFourBit.com, "While we have to be speculative because no definitive version of the event exists, this takes it out of the realm of fiction for me. It's part of Jimi's story, and I think it offers an opportunity to show him fully but from a unique angle. That was my aim in writing it, and that's going to be my aim in making it."
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors