Director R.H. Greene Still Searching For His Jimi Hendrix
The search is on for an unknown to play Jimi Hendrix in a new movie about the guitar great's hoax kidnapping in 1969. Director R.H. Greene is hoping to make a start on his film Slide in early 2010, but he admits he's yet to find his Hendrix.
The movie is based on an alleged bogus kidnapping attempt on the rocker. Rumor has it Hendrix's manager, Michael Jeffrey, paid a New York gang to abduct the star, so he could 'rescue' him and prove how indispensable he was to the guitar legend.
Greene tells TwentyFourBit.com, "While we have to be speculative because no definitive version of the event exists, this takes it out of the realm of fiction for me. It's part of Jimi's story, and I think it offers an opportunity to show him fully but from a unique angle. That was my aim in writing it, and that's going to be my aim in making it."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding