Director R.H. Greene Still Searching For His Jimi Hendrix
The search is on for an unknown to play Jimi Hendrix in a new movie about the guitar great's hoax kidnapping in 1969. Director R.H. Greene is hoping to make a start on his film Slide in early 2010, but he admits he's yet to find his Hendrix.
The movie is based on an alleged bogus kidnapping attempt on the rocker. Rumor has it Hendrix's manager, Michael Jeffrey, paid a New York gang to abduct the star, so he could 'rescue' him and prove how indispensable he was to the guitar legend.
Greene tells TwentyFourBit.com, "While we have to be speculative because no definitive version of the event exists, this takes it out of the realm of fiction for me. It's part of Jimi's story, and I think it offers an opportunity to show him fully but from a unique angle. That was my aim in writing it, and that's going to be my aim in making it."
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans