Nicolas Cage Is Not Sued for $36.7 Million Fraud
An investment company is not suing Nicolas Cage for fraud and a reported $36.7 million, People magazine has clarified. Christmas reports suggested the movie star was facing another huge financial battle with Red Curb Investments, but it appears the initial details were greatly exaggerated.
The private lender is actually suing the actor for failure to pay back almost $3 million in loans from 2007. Red Curb is additionally suing Cage's former accountant, Samuel Levin, for $3 million claiming he defrauded the company by neglecting to disclose the Oscar winner's financial status.
Cage faces huge financial problems after he was slapped with a tax lien in October after reportedly failing to pay income tax on earnings dating back to 2007. He is also facing other claims of unpaid tax relating to earnings from 2002 to 2004.
More Nicolas Cage News
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival