Nicolas Cage Is Not Sued for $36.7 Million Fraud
An investment company is not suing Nicolas Cage for fraud and a reported $36.7 million, People magazine has clarified. Christmas reports suggested the movie star was facing another huge financial battle with Red Curb Investments, but it appears the initial details were greatly exaggerated.
The private lender is actually suing the actor for failure to pay back almost $3 million in loans from 2007. Red Curb is additionally suing Cage's former accountant, Samuel Levin, for $3 million claiming he defrauded the company by neglecting to disclose the Oscar winner's financial status.
Cage faces huge financial problems after he was slapped with a tax lien in October after reportedly failing to pay income tax on earnings dating back to 2007. He is also facing other claims of unpaid tax relating to earnings from 2002 to 2004.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked