My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way Juggles Album and Baby
My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way struggled to balance his duties as a new dad with recording the band's new album - because he was so exhausted. The "Teenagers" singer's wife Lindsey gave birth to the couple's first child, Bandit Lee, in May 2009, and just two weeks later Way was back in the studio with his bandmates.
He tells Spin.com, "The record was more challenging than the baby, and the baby was really challenging. I was pretty worn out. I didn't shave for weeks, looked horrible, and ended up getting all these dreadlocks in my hair. I was never showering. I would show up in a T-shirt covered in baby puke. You can pretty much picture the glamorous nature of that."
"We would work every day, and, as soon as we were done, I would rush right home and help Lindsey with the baby," he added.
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch