My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way Juggles Album and Baby
My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way struggled to balance his duties as a new dad with recording the band's new album - because he was so exhausted. The "Teenagers" singer's wife Lindsey gave birth to the couple's first child, Bandit Lee, in May 2009, and just two weeks later Way was back in the studio with his bandmates.
He tells Spin.com, "The record was more challenging than the baby, and the baby was really challenging. I was pretty worn out. I didn't shave for weeks, looked horrible, and ended up getting all these dreadlocks in my hair. I was never showering. I would show up in a T-shirt covered in baby puke. You can pretty much picture the glamorous nature of that."
"We would work every day, and, as soon as we were done, I would rush right home and help Lindsey with the baby," he added.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle