My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way Juggles Album and Baby
My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way struggled to balance his duties as a new dad with recording the band's new album - because he was so exhausted. The "Teenagers" singer's wife Lindsey gave birth to the couple's first child, Bandit Lee, in May 2009, and just two weeks later Way was back in the studio with his bandmates.
He tells Spin.com, "The record was more challenging than the baby, and the baby was really challenging. I was pretty worn out. I didn't shave for weeks, looked horrible, and ended up getting all these dreadlocks in my hair. I was never showering. I would show up in a T-shirt covered in baby puke. You can pretty much picture the glamorous nature of that."
"We would work every day, and, as soon as we were done, I would rush right home and help Lindsey with the baby," he added.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney