My Chemical Romance's Gerard Way Juggles Album and Baby
My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way struggled to balance his duties as a new dad with recording the band's new album - because he was so exhausted. The "Teenagers" singer's wife Lindsey gave birth to the couple's first child, Bandit Lee, in May 2009, and just two weeks later Way was back in the studio with his bandmates.
He tells Spin.com, "The record was more challenging than the baby, and the baby was really challenging. I was pretty worn out. I didn't shave for weeks, looked horrible, and ended up getting all these dreadlocks in my hair. I was never showering. I would show up in a T-shirt covered in baby puke. You can pretty much picture the glamorous nature of that."
"We would work every day, and, as soon as we were done, I would rush right home and help Lindsey with the baby," he added.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance