President Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Be Removed Permanently
WENN/JLN Photography
Celebrity

West Hollywood City Council has voted to remove the star honoring the former 'The Apprentice' host because of his controversial policies.

AceShowbiz - U.S. President Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star may soon be removed permanently.

The star celebrating the former "The Apprentice" host's contribution to the entertainment industry has become a target for vandalism since his controversial but successful 2016 presidential election campaign.

On Monday, August 06, West Hollywood City Council members passed a resolution calling on officials at the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, who maintain the Walk of Fame, to remove it.

"West Hollywood City council unanimously passes resolution asking the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce to remove the Donald Trump star on Hollywood Walk of Fame," the city's Mayor John Duran tweeted after attending the council meeting.

He later told CNN that he and his colleagues had voted to strip Trump of the honour as with his policies and words he "belittles and attacks minorities, immigrants, Muslims, people with disabilities or women."

However, the move is currently only symbolic as the councillors do not have any power to compel Chamber of Commerce officials to act. In response to the vote, Hollywood Chamber of Commerce president Leron Gubler has said that the matter would be referred to his organisation's Executive Committee but that there are currently "no plans" to act on the request.

Last month, the star was desecrated by a man wielding a pick-axe, who later handed himself into police. It was previously destroyed by another vandal in 2016.

Trump received the Walk of Fame honour in 2007, when "The Apprentice" was one of America's most popular TV shows.

You can share this post!

Related Posts