AceShowbiz - Luc Besson is reportedly under investigation after a woman filed a complaint against him for rape.
According to Agence France-Presse (AFP), an unnamed 27-year-old actress went to a police station on Friday morning (May 18) alleging she had been raped by the French filmmaker at the five-star Bristol Hotel in central Paris on Thursday night.
Judicial sources have since confirmed to the French news outlet that police officers are investigating the allegations and that a "complaint has been made for acts qualifying as rape".
Reporters at Europe 1 radio, which broke the story, have stated that Besson's accuser alleged that she "drunk a cup of tea, then felt unwell and lost consciousness." Station reporters also quoted her as saying that she "remembered being sexually assaulted" when she woke up.
A source has told AFP that Besson has not yet been questioned by police officers over the claims.
Meanwhile, Besson's lawyer Thierry Marembert has stated that his client flatly denies the woman's allegations.
"Luc Besson categorically denies these fantasist accusations. (The complainant) is someone he knows, towards whom he has never behaved inappropriately," he said.
Besson, 59, was France's highest-paid director last year, earning more than $4.7 million (Ł3.5 million).
He won a Cesar Award - the French equivalent of an Oscar - for his 1997 sci-fi film "The Fifth Element" and is also known for helming movies such as "Nikita", "The Big Blue" and "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets".