Adele Forced to Use 'Sign Language' as She Can't Make a Sound Due to Damaged Vocal Cords
Adele has had to stay mute after damaging her vocal cords. The health issue, which forced her to cancel two final shows earlier this month, appeared to be more serious than we thought it was, as the "Skyfall" hitmaker reportedly wasn't allowed to make a sound at all in attempt to completely rest her voice.
This condition urged Adele to use "made-up sign language" to communicate with other people. The singer even refused to speak when she was checking out a potential school for her four-year-old son Angelo last week. During her visit at a posh prep school in London with her husband Simon Konecki, the songstress "wasn't making a sound, even if she was asked a direct question by people unaware of her vocal issues she wouldn't be tempted to answer."
"She was gesturing wildly at times to Simon to communicate and he was doing all the talking for them," a source told The Sun. "It was almost funny at times because he joked that it was her made-up sign language. It looked like it was really frustrating her and she stroked her throat a few times as if it was hurting her."
In 2011, Adele underwent throat surgery, which has since weakened her vocal cords. Recent cancellation of her final shows seemed to hit her hard. She previously wrote a lengthy statement, claiming that she "considered miming" just to fulfill her duty, but she "cannot in a million years do that to you. It wouldn't be the real me up there. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for your disappointment."
More Adele News
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette