Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
Ryan Seacrest is reportedly forced to make a big decision if he wants to return to the reboot of "American Idol" on ABC. He seemingly has to sacrifice things to get an incredibly lucrative deal to host and executive produce the singing competition.
Radar Online reports that the radio personality may have to leave his current co-host gig on "Live" with Kelly Ripa in order to get the deal. "Honestly, Ryan is just not sure whether he wants to stay on as co-host of 'Live' anymore," says a source close to the 42-year-old hunk.
The source adds that Ryan "is going to stick out his contract, obviously." However, "New York City does not feel like home to him and he really misses L.A."
Ryan was previously reported to be livid upon learning that newcomer Katy Perry was offered a higher salary for the gig. The "Chained to the Rhythm" singer was allegedly paid $25 million.
It remains to be seen whether or not Ryan will be returning for the show. Meanwhile, former judge Simon Cowell had said that he would not return to the show. "I have no interest. My memories are when we first started. It was a different time with Randy [Jackson], Ryan and Paula [Abdul]. You can't recreate that," he said at that time.
More American Idol News
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'
- Goo Hara Is Accused of Smoking Marijuana After Posting a Photo of Hand-Rolled Cigarette