'Supergirl' Gets Two New Showrunners for Season 3
"Supergirl" has new showrunners for season 3. Jessica Queller ("Gilmore Girls", "Gossip Girl") and Robert Rovner ("Dallas", "Private Practice"), who first joined the show early on its first season as co-executive producer and consulting producer respectively, are promoted to co-showrunners on The CW's series.
The move follows the departure of co-creator Ali Adler, who served as co-showrunner for the first two seasons of the DC Comics-inspired series. Adler has signed an overall deal at CBS TV Studios, but she will remain be involved as an executive consultant on "Supergirl", Deadline reports.
Queller and Rovner will join Andrew Kreisberg in the new showrunner team. Kreisberg, who co-created the series along with Adler and Greg Berlanti, has also served as executive producer since the beginning.
"Supergirl", starring Melissa Benoist, will kick off production of its third season later this summer for an October 9 premiere on The CW.
More Supergirl News
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll
- Calvin Harris Shares Track List of New Album, Teases New Video With Katy Perry and Pharrell