Jealous Ryan Seacrest May Drop 'American Idol' Over Katy Perry's $25 Million Paycheck
Ryan Seacrest may ditch hosting gig on ABC's "American Idol" reboot. He is reportedly not happy when learning that new judge Katy Perry is allegedly being paid $25 million, which is much higher than his.
Ryan is allegedly offered over $10 million to host the reboot. However, after he learned that Katy is being paid much higher than his, although he hosted the show on FOX for 15 seasons, he is reportedly livid and ready to quit the show.
"[He] was suddenly asking himself why he would come back for a 16th season at a salary [much smaller than that] of the newcomer judge," Richard Rushfield, author of "American Idol: The Untold Story", says.
The author further reports that Ryan "has grown notably cooler on the prospect" since he already signed on a new gig on "Live" with Kelly Ripa in New York. Should he accept the "American Idol" gig, it would require tiring weekly cross-country trips to LA. However, a source tells Page Six that the radio personality is "hopeful that a deal can be reached given his affection for the show."
Katy, meanwhile, gushed about her paycheck in a recent interview. She said, "I'm really proud that, as a woman, I got paid." She added, "And you know why? I got paid, like, more than like pretty much any guy that's been on that show."
More American Idol News
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll