Katy Perry Wants to Celebrate Her $25M 'American Idol' Paycheck With a 'Beautiful Man'
Katy Perry is having the time of her life. After announcing that she would join ABC's "American Idol" as a judge, it was reported that she would earn $25 million from the show. During her appearance on 103.5 KTU's radio show on Tuesday, May 23, Katy shared that she felt very proud of the gig and announced that she is ready to celebrate it with a new man.
"I'm really proud that, as a woman, I got paid. And you know why? I got paid like more than like pretty much any guy that's been on that show," she boasted. "And, by the way, I love men. So I'm a paid woman and I'm ready for a beautiful man."
However, the "Bon Appetit" songstress stated that she didn't join the show because of the money. "I really wanted to join this show at the right time. I always have," Katy revealed. "We've always been in negotiations for several years. It's never been right, but now when they kind of like brought it to a new home, it's perfect."
When asked about what kind of judge she wanted to be, Katy said that she simply wanted to be a judge who gives constructive feedback. "I'm going to be the same judge I've always been and I'm not judgy. I give constructive criticism," she described, before adding, "The reality is I am polite, but firm and I am super realistic."
Katy also shared what she hoped to see on "American Idol". "This show is about finding real talent, making people's dreams come true and additionally hearing their stories," she said. "I want to see you. I want to hear you. I want to witness you."
More Katy Perry News
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Kenny Pitted Against Lee in Two-on-One Date
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Intimate Weekend in Toronto
- Erin Andrews Shares Marvelous Photos of 'Fairytale' Wedding to Jarret Stoll