Paris Jackson-Starring Thriller Gets a Title and Release Date
Amazon Studios and STX Entertainment have given a title to their project, which is directed by Nash Edgerton and starring Paris Jackson. The thriller is titled "Gringo" and set for a March 9, 2018 release date. "Gringo" is the second movie set to open on that day, following Ava DuVernay's sci-fi fantasy "A Wrinkle in Time".
Also starring in "Gringo" are David Oyelowo, Joel Edgerton, Amanda Seyfried, Charlize Theron, Yul Vazquez, Thandie Newton and Sharlto Copley. The film is written by Anthony Tambakis and Matt Stone. Nash Edgerton will also serve as producer along with Theron, Rebecca Yeldham, Anthony Tambakis, Beth Kono and A.J. Dix.
Jackson will portray "an edgy 20-year-old" girl named Nelly, while Oyelowo will play a "newly married, mild-mannered American businessman with a stake in a pharmaceutical company that's about to go public when his life is thrown into turmoil by an incident in Mexico," Variety reports. "He's stranded with a price on his head and discovers the existence of a side of life that he had never known."
"Gringo" will mark Jackson's feature film debut. Recently, the daughter of the late pop icon Michael Jackson appeared in an episode of TV series "Star". Oyelowo, meanwhile, starred in biographical romantic drama "A United Kingdom" and was nominated for Golden Globes for his performance in "Nightingale" and "Selma".
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women