Paris Jackson-Starring Thriller Gets a Title and Release Date
Amazon Studios and STX Entertainment have given a title to their project, which is directed by Nash Edgerton and starring Paris Jackson. The thriller is titled "Gringo" and set for a March 9, 2018 release date. "Gringo" is the second movie set to open on that day, following Ava DuVernay's sci-fi fantasy "A Wrinkle in Time".
Also starring in "Gringo" are David Oyelowo, Joel Edgerton, Amanda Seyfried, Charlize Theron, Yul Vazquez, Thandie Newton and Sharlto Copley. The film is written by Anthony Tambakis and Matt Stone. Nash Edgerton will also serve as producer along with Theron, Rebecca Yeldham, Anthony Tambakis, Beth Kono and A.J. Dix.
Jackson will portray "an edgy 20-year-old" girl named Nelly, while Oyelowo will play a "newly married, mild-mannered American businessman with a stake in a pharmaceutical company that's about to go public when his life is thrown into turmoil by an incident in Mexico," Variety reports. "He's stranded with a price on his head and discovers the existence of a side of life that he had never known."
"Gringo" will mark Jackson's feature film debut. Recently, the daughter of the late pop icon Michael Jackson appeared in an episode of TV series "Star". Oyelowo, meanwhile, starred in biographical romantic drama "A United Kingdom" and was nominated for Golden Globes for his performance in "Nightingale" and "Selma".
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease
- CL's Boobs Almost Pop Out of Her Plunging Black Dress at Chanel Exhibition
- 'Venom' to Feature Carnage as Its Main Villain
- Christina Perri Announces Engagement to Boyfriend Paul Costabile - See the Beautiful Ring!
- Is Kendall Jenner Feuding With Victoria's Secret Models?
- New 'Blade Runner 2049' Featurette Brings Harrison Ford Home, Hints at Uninvited Guest