Paris Jackson-Starring Thriller Gets a Title and Release Date
Amazon Studios and STX Entertainment have given a title to their project, which is directed by Nash Edgerton and starring Paris Jackson. The thriller is titled "Gringo" and set for a March 9, 2018 release date. "Gringo" is the second movie set to open on that day, following Ava DuVernay's sci-fi fantasy "A Wrinkle in Time".
Also starring in "Gringo" are David Oyelowo, Joel Edgerton, Amanda Seyfried, Charlize Theron, Yul Vazquez, Thandie Newton and Sharlto Copley. The film is written by Anthony Tambakis and Matt Stone. Nash Edgerton will also serve as producer along with Theron, Rebecca Yeldham, Anthony Tambakis, Beth Kono and A.J. Dix.
Jackson will portray "an edgy 20-year-old" girl named Nelly, while Oyelowo will play a "newly married, mild-mannered American businessman with a stake in a pharmaceutical company that's about to go public when his life is thrown into turmoil by an incident in Mexico," Variety reports. "He's stranded with a price on his head and discovers the existence of a side of life that he had never known."
"Gringo" will mark Jackson's feature film debut. Recently, the daughter of the late pop icon Michael Jackson appeared in an episode of TV series "Star". Oyelowo, meanwhile, starred in biographical romantic drama "A United Kingdom" and was nominated for Golden Globes for his performance in "Nightingale" and "Selma".
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'