'Venom': Tom Hardy to Play Eddie Brock, Ruben Fleischer to Direct
"Venom (2018)" has found its lead actor and director. Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises", "Mad Max: Fury Road") is announced to lead the Spider-Man spin-off. Ruben Fleischer ("Zombieland", "Gangster Squad") is attached to direct the antihero pic.
"Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony's Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 - production starts this fall," Sony Pictures broke the casting news on Twitter. The movie will follow the Spidey relaunch "Spider-Man: Homecoming" which is due July 7.
Eddie Brock was previously played by Topher Grace in Sam Raimi's 2007 pic "Spider-Man 3" which starred Tobey Maguire. He's a freelance photographer who held a grudge on Peter Parker after he's exposed of using a fake Spider-Man photo. He came into contact with the alien Symbiote and teamed up with Sandman in an attempt to kill Spidey.
More Venom News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters