'Venom': Tom Hardy to Play Eddie Brock, Ruben Fleischer to Direct
"Venom (2018)" has found its lead actor and director. Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises", "Mad Max: Fury Road") is announced to lead the Spider-Man spin-off. Ruben Fleischer ("Zombieland", "Gangster Squad") is attached to direct the antihero pic.
"Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony's Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 - production starts this fall," Sony Pictures broke the casting news on Twitter. The movie will follow the Spidey relaunch "Spider-Man: Homecoming" which is due July 7.
Eddie Brock was previously played by Topher Grace in Sam Raimi's 2007 pic "Spider-Man 3" which starred Tobey Maguire. He's a freelance photographer who held a grudge on Peter Parker after he's exposed of using a fake Spider-Man photo. He came into contact with the alien Symbiote and teamed up with Sandman in an attempt to kill Spidey.
More Venom News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'