'Venom': Tom Hardy to Play Eddie Brock, Ruben Fleischer to Direct
"Venom (2018)" has found its lead actor and director. Tom Hardy ("The Dark Knight Rises", "Mad Max: Fury Road") is announced to lead the Spider-Man spin-off. Ruben Fleischer ("Zombieland", "Gangster Squad") is attached to direct the antihero pic.
"Tom Hardy is Eddie Brock in #Venom, the upcoming film from Sony's Marvel Universe releasing October 5, 2018 - production starts this fall," Sony Pictures broke the casting news on Twitter. The movie will follow the Spidey relaunch "Spider-Man: Homecoming" which is due July 7.
Eddie Brock was previously played by Topher Grace in Sam Raimi's 2007 pic "Spider-Man 3" which starred Tobey Maguire. He's a freelance photographer who held a grudge on Peter Parker after he's exposed of using a fake Spider-Man photo. He came into contact with the alien Symbiote and teamed up with Sandman in an attempt to kill Spidey.
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women