David Ayer Courted to Direct 'Scarface' Remake
Universal is reportedly zeroing in on David Ayer to sit behind the lens for new "Scarface" movie which will be set in Los Angeles. According to Deadline, the "Suicide Squad" helmer is in early negotiations to direct the upcoming reboot of the classic gangster movie.
The movie is "a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 film versions." Al Pacino played the lead role in the latter version, and Diego Luna ("Rogue One: A Star Wars Story") is attached to lead the upcoming remake scripted by the Coen brothers.
The film is scheduled for August 10, 2018 in the United States, opening a week after "The Predator". Antoine Fuqua ("The Equalizer") was originally attached to helm the project, but he eventually abandoned it for "The Equalizer 2".
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'