David Ayer Courted to Direct 'Scarface' Remake
Universal is reportedly zeroing in on David Ayer to sit behind the lens for new "Scarface" movie which will be set in Los Angeles. According to Deadline, the "Suicide Squad" helmer is in early negotiations to direct the upcoming reboot of the classic gangster movie.
The movie is "a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 film versions." Al Pacino played the lead role in the latter version, and Diego Luna ("Rogue One: A Star Wars Story") is attached to lead the upcoming remake scripted by the Coen brothers.
The film is scheduled for August 10, 2018 in the United States, opening a week after "The Predator". Antoine Fuqua ("The Equalizer") was originally attached to helm the project, but he eventually abandoned it for "The Equalizer 2".
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters