David Ayer Courted to Direct 'Scarface' Remake
Universal is reportedly zeroing in on David Ayer to sit behind the lens for new "Scarface" movie which will be set in Los Angeles. According to Deadline, the "Suicide Squad" helmer is in early negotiations to direct the upcoming reboot of the classic gangster movie.
The movie is "a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 film versions." Al Pacino played the lead role in the latter version, and Diego Luna ("Rogue One: A Star Wars Story") is attached to lead the upcoming remake scripted by the Coen brothers.
The film is scheduled for August 10, 2018 in the United States, opening a week after "The Predator". Antoine Fuqua ("The Equalizer") was originally attached to helm the project, but he eventually abandoned it for "The Equalizer 2".
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women