Lady GaGa Reportedly Wants to Look Way Slimmer for Her Role in 'A Star Is Born'
Lady GaGa reportedly wants to be taken seriously as an actress and wants to look way slimmer for her leading role in "A Star Is Born". Radar Online reports that GaGa is even "trying all kinds of weird diet tricks," which include drinking apple cider vinegar to suppress her appetite.
"GaGa's determined to look her slimmest and strongest for this movie-so she's trying all kinds of weird diet tricks," an insider tells the site. "Twice a week she survives solely on shots of cider vinegar-she's basically starving herself."
It is also reported that GaGa is "desperate to do the best job" for co-star Bradley Cooper. "She's really putting in a great performance!" the source adds.
"A Star Is Born" is a musical based on William Wellman's 1937 movie of the same name. GaGa will portray an aspiring singer Ally in the film, while Cooper will play Jackson Maine, the aging rocker she falls in love with. Jackson helps Ally launch her career while his own is in a downward spiral. Besides starring in the movie, Cooper serves as the producer alongside Billy Gerber, Todd Phillips, Lynette Howell Taylor and Jon Peters, with Basil Iwanyk executive producing.
According to the press release obtained by Deadline, GaGa will not be credited in the movie by her stage moniker, but by her given name Stefani Germanotta instead. Also starring in "A Star Is Born" is Sam Elliott and Andrew Dice Clay.
The movie is set to be released in the U.S. on September 28, 2018.
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik