Ben Higgins Breaks Silence on Lauren Bushnell Split: 'It's Tough'
Ben Higgins' split from Lauren Bushnell has left many fans brokenhearted. "The Bachelor" couple has confirmed their decision to go separate ways in a statement few days ago. And now, Ben has finally broken his silence on the shocking breakup on Bachelor Nation podcast.
"Just to be as politically correct as possible and to also be as truthful as possible, Lauren will always be one of my best friends," Ben said in the podcast (via E! News). "It's [a relationship] where I learned a lot about myself; I think she learned a lot about herself. Obviously, she knows me better than anybody else that has gone through this experience, and really probably anybody else in the world. It's tough."
The heartache seemed to haven't fully healed as Ben shared, "It's hard to say goodbye to somebody that you spent so much time with and it's hard to say goodbye to somebody that you really did believe was the one for you."
He added, "I think mutually Lauren and I saw that life was getting more difficult. I would say the joy that we felt toward our relationship at the beginning was-- for some reason-- slipping away, and we were both working very hard to bring that joy back. And it just never seemed to get there. So it was a long time coming but it wasn't necessarily like we dragged it out."
Although the split was such a "tough" situation for Ben, the 29-year-old reality TV star revealed that there was "no real saving or redemption to be done" in their relationship." He added, "It was for the best."
Ben and Lauren met in 2015 and had been together for over a year. Fans first speculated that the pair might have hit a rough patch when Ben skipped Lauren's birthday celebration in Mexico earlier this year. Some of her social media followers also noticed that she didn't wear her engagement ring during her trip.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video