Miley Cyrus Claims Katy Perry's 'I Kissed a Girl' Is About Her
In a recent interview to promote her new song "Malibu", Miley Cyrus opened up about her close friendship with Katy Perry. She revealed that she has been friends with the "Chained to the Rhythm" hitmaker for nearly ten years and that Katy's hit song "I Kissed a Girl" was about her.
"Katy Perry, she's been a friend of mine for a really long time," she told WKTU's Cubby and Carolina Bermudez. "We were actually just realizing the other day that next year, we'll have been friends for ten years. I think that's my friend that I've known the longest, which is really, really weird!"
Miley added, "When she came out with 'I Kissed a Girl', I was doing the 'Hannah Montana: The Movie' movie, and I heard her on the radio. They said, 'who did you write that about?' She said me! And I was on a four wheeler, actually-- my dad had this four wheeler, this is how hillbilly we are, we had a radio attached to the four wheeler and I heard it and I screamed, and started freaking out."
"She asked me to go to the VMAs with her," Miley recalled. "That's when I started doing my whole VMA controversy. I was like 'I'll go with Katy Perry!' And she took me, but my mom like didn't want me to go by myself, ya know like stranger danger. So my mom went with me in the limo with Katy Perry, and my mom, didn't really get the joke, she just thought it was cool that I got to go with Katy Perry. Yeah, so that's how we met and we just stayed friends."
Although no one knows whether the two pop stars ever kissed before the release of "I Kissed a Girl" in 2008, they certainly kissed afterward. When Katy attended Miley's "Bangerz Tour" in 2014, she got an unexpected tongue kiss from her friend. Like Katy sings on "I Kissed a Girl", "Ain't no big deal, it's innocent." The kiss they shared seemed to be their way to express their love for each other as best friends.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'Looking to Buy a Place' in America
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors: I Don't Even Know Him
- Will Kourtney Kardashian's New Boy Toy Younes Bendjima Replace Scott Disick on 'KUWTK'?
- Listen to Sia's Powerful Anthem 'To Be Human' From 'Wonder Woman' Soundtrack
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Vampire Nicki Minaj Sexily Licks Bella Hadid's Neck at AmfAR Gala in Cannes