'Emoji Movie' Trailer Takes Fans to the World Inside Smartphone
"The Emoji Movie" gets first trailer. It introduces Gene, a "Meh" emoji who is struggling to fit in. He is sent to a so-called "Loser Lounger, where the emoji that never get used hang out," after making a wrong face when he was summoned by his user.
The film takes place in the world inside smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone's user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression - except for Gene.
The lead character is voiced by T.J. Miller. He is joined by James Corden, Anna Faris, Patrick Stewart, Sofia Vergara, Maya Rudolph, Jake T. Austin and Christina Aguilera. The animated flick is coming out stateside on July 28.
More The Emoji Movie News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters