'Emoji Movie' Trailer Takes Fans to the World Inside Smartphone
"The Emoji Movie" gets first trailer. It introduces Gene, a "Meh" emoji who is struggling to fit in. He is sent to a so-called "Loser Lounger, where the emoji that never get used hang out," after making a wrong face when he was summoned by his user.
The film takes place in the world inside smartphone. Hidden within the messaging app is Textopolis, a bustling city where all your favorite emojis live, hoping to be selected by the phone's user. In this world, each emoji has only one facial expression - except for Gene.
The lead character is voiced by T.J. Miller. He is joined by James Corden, Anna Faris, Patrick Stewart, Sofia Vergara, Maya Rudolph, Jake T. Austin and Christina Aguilera. The animated flick is coming out stateside on July 28.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'