Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell Confirm Heartbreaking Split
It's over. "The Bachelor" couple, Ben Higgins and Lauren Bushnell, has called it quits after being slapped by numerous split rumors for months. The pair confirmed in a statement to PEOPLE on Monday, May 15, announcing their decision to go separate ways.
"It is with heavy hearts that we announce our decision to go our separate ways," the statement reads. Though they have decided to split, Ben and Lauren are still pretty much on good terms as they will "remain friends with much love and respect for one another." They continue in their statement, "We wish nothing but the best for each other, and ask for your support and understanding at this time."
Like the rest of Bachelor nation, longtime "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison is saddened to learn about Ben and Lauren's shocking split. In a radio interview with Mario Lopez on iHeartRadio's "ON with Mario Lopez", Chris doesn't believe the spilt. "First of all, I did not know that. Is that true?" he says when asked by Mario if he thinks the breakup is expected. "You're breaking news to me. I really did not know that."
"Apparently I did not see that coming. I love them both. They are really two of my favorite people we've ever had on the show and Ben is a really good friend," Chris continues, before admitting that Ben and Lauren "were fighting through a bunch of stuff" before they broke up. "But I don't know. I'll reach out to them. I'm very sorry to hear that because I do care about them very much," he adds.
Ben and Lauren, who met in late 2015 on his season of the hit ABC dating show, had been together for a little over year and were living together in his hometown of Denver, Colorado. Fans first speculated that the pair might have hit a rough patch when Ben skipped Lauren's birthday celebration in Mexico earlier this year. Several of her social media followers also noticed that she didn't wear her engagement ring on her trip.
More Ben Higgins News
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS