Johnny Depp to Star as McAfee Antivirus Creator in Dark Comedy 'King of the Jungle'
Johnny Depp will play a cyber mogul in dark comedy "King of the Jungle". The 53-year old actor is on board to portray McAfee antivirus creator John McAfee in the based-on-true-story movie. The flick will be directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa from a script written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
An adaptation of a "Wired" article titled "John McAfee's Last Stand" by Joshua Davis, "King of the Jungle" will see a "Wired" magazine investigator who "accepts what he thinks is a run-of-the-mill assignment to interview McAfee, but once he arrives in Belize, he finds himself pulled into McAfee's escalating paranoia, slippery reality and murder."
The original article, meanwhile, centers on McAfee "who cashed in his fortune, left civilization and moved to the jungle in Belize. There, he set-up a Colonel Kurtz-like compound of guns, sex and madness."
Depp will next be seen in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell no Tales", reprising his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. He will also star in Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express" and crime drama "LAbyrinth". Depp's other upcoming movies include "The Libertine" and "The Invisible Man", in which he will portray the titular character. He will reprise his role as evil wizard Gellert Grindelwald in the upcoming "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2".
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?