Johnny Depp to Star as McAfee Antivirus Creator in Dark Comedy 'King of the Jungle'
Johnny Depp will play a cyber mogul in dark comedy "King of the Jungle". The 53-year old actor is on board to portray McAfee antivirus creator John McAfee in the based-on-true-story movie. The flick will be directed by Glenn Ficarra and John Requa from a script written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
An adaptation of a "Wired" article titled "John McAfee's Last Stand" by Joshua Davis, "King of the Jungle" will see a "Wired" magazine investigator who "accepts what he thinks is a run-of-the-mill assignment to interview McAfee, but once he arrives in Belize, he finds himself pulled into McAfee's escalating paranoia, slippery reality and murder."
The original article, meanwhile, centers on McAfee "who cashed in his fortune, left civilization and moved to the jungle in Belize. There, he set-up a Colonel Kurtz-like compound of guns, sex and madness."
Depp will next be seen in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell no Tales", reprising his role as Captain Jack Sparrow. He will also star in Agatha Christie's "Murder on the Orient Express" and crime drama "LAbyrinth". Depp's other upcoming movies include "The Libertine" and "The Invisible Man", in which he will portray the titular character. He will reprise his role as evil wizard Gellert Grindelwald in the upcoming "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2".
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik