Miss USA 2017 Top 10 Embraces Diversity
The Miss USA 2017 pageant is airing live now with Julianne Hough and Terrence J as the hosts. After weeks of evaluation, the number of contestants was narrowed down before the winner is announced on Sunday night, May 14.
This year's Top 10 reflected diversity in the country, with seven of them women of color. The first announced Top 10 finalist was Miss Minnesota Meridith Gould, a financial literacy advocate, ballet dancer and singer. She was joined by Miss New Jersey Chhavi Verg, a student at Rutgers University who's trained in classical Indian dance.
Miss Missouri Bayleigh Dayton, a flight attendant, also made it into the Top 10. She's pursuing her MBA this fall. Miss Tennessee Allee-Sutton Hethcoat, a soon-to-be lawyer who hopes to practice entertainment law, was another Top 10 finalist.
The next Top 10 finalists to be announced were Miss California India Williams, who hopes to become an Intellectual Property Rights attorney, Miss DC Kara McCullough, a scientist, and Miss South Carolina Megan Gordon, a nursing assistant.
Miss New York Hannah Lopa, a motorsports sportscaster, Miss Illinois USA, the Captain of the Chicago Bulls dance team, and Miss Alaska Alyssa London, a Stanford University graduate and radio/tv host rounded out the Top 10.
They next competed in the swimwear and evening gown portions of the competition, before the Top 5 was announced. Those who made it into the Top 5 were Miss New Jersey, Miss South Carolina, Miss D.C., Miss Illinois Whitney Wandland and Miss Minnesota.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy