First Look at Paul McCartney in 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales'
"Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" releases a new character poster. This image gives a first look at Paul McCartney as one of the pirates. The former member of The Beatles reportedly plays Jack Sparrow's relative.
Johnny Depp is back as the eccentric swashbuckling pirate. Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom are also back reprising their roles in the first three movies. Meanwhile, Javier Bardem is added as the villainous Captain Salazar.
Salazar is back from the dead to take revenge on Sparrow. When deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis escape from the Devil's Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea... including him, Sparrow's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon. It's a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas.
Directed by Kon-Tiki duo Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg, the fifth installment of the swashbuckling Jack Sparrow saga is set to be released in U.S. theaters on May 26.
More Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters