Melissa McCarthy's Sean Spicer Confronts Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump on 'SNL'
Melissa McCarthy was back on "Saturday Night Live" as Sean Spicer. Aidy Bryant's Sarah Huckabee Sanders initially took the podium, but she was quickly pushed out of the picture by McCarthy's Spicer. "Trump is innocent. How do we know? Because he told us so. Period. And then he hired lawyers to agree with him," he said when asked about the drama surrounding Donald Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey.
McCarthy's Spicer lost it when a journalist pressed him, "Were you surprised he fired Comey before he fired you?" Then another reporter asked, "What if he's lying to you?" "He wouldn't do that. He's my friend," Spicer insisted. "If he's your friend, why is everyone saying he's about to fire you?" a different journalist asked. Spicer looked distraught before abruptly ending the briefing to go to New York looking for Alec Baldwin's Trump.
Earlier on the show, Melissa McCarthy kicked off the "SNL" with a Mother's Day-themed monologue. She gave a female audience a backstage tour. They ran into Ryan Reynolds and his wife Blake Lively. They said the host invited them, but she didn't seem to remember it. Apparently she was drunk when inviting the couple.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap
- Louis Tomlinson Says His Mom's Dying Wish Was for Him to Reconcile With Zayn Malik