Melissa McCarthy's Sean Spicer Confronts Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump on 'SNL'
Melissa McCarthy was back on "Saturday Night Live" as Sean Spicer. Aidy Bryant's Sarah Huckabee Sanders initially took the podium, but she was quickly pushed out of the picture by McCarthy's Spicer. "Trump is innocent. How do we know? Because he told us so. Period. And then he hired lawyers to agree with him," he said when asked about the drama surrounding Donald Trump's firing of FBI Director James Comey.
McCarthy's Spicer lost it when a journalist pressed him, "Were you surprised he fired Comey before he fired you?" Then another reporter asked, "What if he's lying to you?" "He wouldn't do that. He's my friend," Spicer insisted. "If he's your friend, why is everyone saying he's about to fire you?" a different journalist asked. Spicer looked distraught before abruptly ending the briefing to go to New York looking for Alec Baldwin's Trump.
Earlier on the show, Melissa McCarthy kicked off the "SNL" with a Mother's Day-themed monologue. She gave a female audience a backstage tour. They ran into Ryan Reynolds and his wife Blake Lively. They said the host invited them, but she didn't seem to remember it. Apparently she was drunk when inviting the couple.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?