Kelly Clarkson Joins 'The Voice' as Coach for Season 14 - Ditching 'American Idol'?
Kelly Clarkson is returning to reality TV show, but not on "American Idol". The "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" hitmaker will join "The Voice" as a coach for season 14, after it was reported that she was in talks to be a judge on the "Idol" revival.
Longtime coach Blake Shelton broke the news in a Facebook Live video, calling Kelly "somebody I consider to be family." Kelly also appeared in the video, jokingly saying that she can now be on the show since she is "finally not knocked up."
She then showed off some of her awards, including one from the CMAs, bragging that she would also be bringing country to the show. "I can't wait to beat you. It's going to be so glorious," she told Blake, before ending the Live video.
In a statement, Kelly said, "I'm so excited to join 'The Voice' at NBC. We've gone back and forth about a role as a coach for years, but the timing hasn't been right until now. I have always loved appearing on the show as an adviser or performer and established an amazing relationship with the network during my Christmas special. I can't wait to turn my chair and see the faces of up-and-coming artists and provide them with the help and support they've needed to break into the industry. Watch out Shelton, I'm comin' to win!!"
"Kelly has been a part of 'The Voice' family for many years as an adviser and performer. We are thrilled she has chosen to join us as a coach to mentor the next generation through our unique vocal boot camp," said Paul Telegdy, president, alternative and reality group, NBC Entertainment. "Every time Kelly Clarkson sings you are reminded what an incredible voice really is. We are looking forward to the sound of Kelly Clarkson on 'The Voice'."
Kelly will join returning coaches Blake and Adam Levine in the 14th season, which is slated to air in Spring 2018. The fourth coach is yet to be announced.
The winner of "American Idol" inaugural season follows in the footsteps of fellow "Idol" alum Jennifer Hudson, who has been earlier announced to serve as a coach for "The Voice" season 13, along with Blake, Adam and Miley Cyrus.
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy